Friday, August 4, 2023

Memories

 

                                                       

                                                         December 18, 2018 - August 4, 2019

As the years pass by there is not much that I can say. So I pray and know that although our hearts will always be broken on this earth, God has Alastor Avery in His tenderly loving care. I wonder what he would look like ? Would he be as kind as little sister Shea Avery Marie? Would he be the mirrored image of big brother Harrison James? I know he would have started kinder this year. But I know all we can do on this end is hold him close to our hearts until we see him again. Grandfather says it all the time, God gave us an Ambassador of Heaven to have on this earth for the short time we did.  We pray for all of us hurting as the day, weeks, months, years pass by. But spending eternity with this beautiful boy is a goal I want to meet. So make sure you will stroll through heaven with us Alastor Avery when we meet you there someday.

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that even though Alastor Avery was here so briefly I will never forget his laughter, his big blue eyes, his funny little expressions. I will not forget him and I am very thankful for that.

This little walks in my front door, she is eating a chocolate chip muffin top. Then she announces, "Choco milk, pllllleeeeaaaassse."  After that she insists "Brush my teeth, brush my teeth". We go to get her special toothbrush. We put the toothpaste on it and she says to me, "Oooh it sparkles Grandma, look at it sparkle. ' Then we play at least 12 rounds of Banana Bash and everytime the end of the game is getting close she makes the best facial expressions cause she knows that monkey is gonna jump for joy! Her daddy plays with us and he wins, he wins again and he wins a third time! She is tickled pink cause she is a daddy's girl. She spent the day with her daddy and his friend and his kids. They go swimming and she is wearing her bathsuit under her dress. She tells us those are strawberries on my bathsuit but not the real kind. They have to leave because mommy needs to be at work in the morning very early. My house is quiet and I say to my husband, God gives us exactly what we need when He knows exactly what we need! THANKFUL




Mom says, "move along my kittens are really none of your business. Meow!"

FRIENDLY FILL IN'S:
Ellen and her co host Lorianne each choose two questions for the fill in's. 

1. I hope I never have to______________________.

2. I must remember to ________________________.

3. I learned about ________________when_____________________.

4. _______________has been occupying a lot of my time these days.

My answers:

1. I hope I never have to go back to work. I don't think I would be able to get back into that routine.

2. I must remember to write our appointment's, schedule changes etc. on the kitchen calendar.

3. I learned about American History when I attended Catholic school from k to 11. I learned it well and am forever grateful.

4. Trying to navigate the wild weather has been occupying a lot of my time these days. Hot days, rainy evenings, weeds growing too quickly to control.



I try not to get caught up in the nonsense that many revolve around. But I saw this Barbie Anna May Wong doll on ebay. People were budding lots of money to own her. She is available at the Barbie dot com site of Mattel. A few years ago I read Anna May's book. It was quite sad to see the prejudice she had to deal with because of her race, Chinese. Although she was extremely talented she always seemed to be on the back burner of the Hollywood elites (shocking right??) I highly recommended her book although it is an older book.
Although she is legend today all the punishment she dealt with, the pain, sorrows, prejudice I believe cut her life short. 1905-1961

Asking for prayer for my cousin Joanne who lost her husband Arron to a short illness this past week. They were together 40 years.  He was a really wonderful man and very kind hearted. Thank you. 





9 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, to lose a sweet little child like that is so very difficult. I know he is missed by all his family...but yes, he is there in heaven making sure everything is just right for you all when you get there someday. That's how I feel out our son in heaven, although we got to keep him here for 41 years...It's never easy to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to your cousin also, who lost her husband of 40 years. I appreciated your post and thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Your little granddaughter is adorable, btw!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sweet Avery touched so many hearts while he was here, we'll always remember that Angel too. That kitty Mama looks pretty serious. I enjoyed your fill-in answers too. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Mevely317 said...

Such a heartache, losing sweet Alastor Avery so suddenly. I'm still heartbroken about Riley Faith, even tho' I never knew her. Memories sustain, but they come at such a cost, don't they?

Shea Avery Marie is a doll!

Now, I've got to ponder this fill-in's. Always fun.

pilch92 said...

Sending you love and hugs on this sad anniversary. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I am thankful to know US History too. XO

Great-Granny Grandma said...

My heart goes out to you on this sad anniversary.

messymimi said...

My heart grieves with you over your loss. I know it never really gets easier, just easier to live with.

Your granddaughter is precious.

Mama cats are good mamas, usually, but yes, they are strict.

Prejudice in any and every form makes me sad.

Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

messymimi said...

And i forgot to add, i will be praying for your cousin.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Sending love on such a sad anniversary.

Katie Isabella said...

Sending love on this very sad anniversary. MY son went to live with Jesus in heaven last September. I am having a difficult time with it, but life was very hard for him before he went Home.