Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday4 and Happy Tuesday

 

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Books

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  We ask 4 questions each week to get you talking, thinking, questioning and seeing how your friends feel about things too.   It helps us get to know other bloggers.

Let's think about books and reading this week.

1.Do you have a favorite place to read? Maybe you can post a photo of it or describe it for us?

A Special Reading Nook

If I had this reading nook I don't think I would ever leave it! I have been reading a lot! Series and when you have to wait for the final one to come next month it makes you very sad and anxious.  I often read sitting upright on our adjustable king bed or on the love seat in my living room. But I am a dreamer so the nook I shared would be so cool to have.

2.Some say reading makes a person more educated, more informed.  Do you think novels do this in any way? Do you learn things from novels?  Would you tell us what you have learned?

Certainly! I have learned lots of cool terminology for different areas where my books are set. Marsh grass is something we don't have here that I am aware of.  I enjoy traveling vicariously through others especially in my novels I read.

3. Are there any books on your list to read right now?

Always: I like clean and wholesome romance novels so RaeAnne Thayne, Rachel Hanna and others are at the top of my list. I have read everything Jan Karon wrote and she was my all time favorite. I have not seen anything new from her in a longtime but her stories capture your heart.

4, Which books did you like the most and which did you dislike most?

When I was younger I read lots of Danielle Steele novels. She has been around a very long time and her books seem to be timeless. I am not crazy about too much graphic anything in books. I like stories with conflict  that end well. The world is sad enough without more sadness to add to it.  I read to getaway from the world as we are seeing it today. Rachel Hanna writes series books and they are not very lengthy. Sometime you can go on and on and she has a really method to her writing. Reading things like War & Peace and other encyclopedia style books that weigh a lot and have too many pages were ok when I was younger but I like short & sweet these days. 

Reading makes me very happy so I am sharing this with Happy Tuesday


10 comments:

Annie said...

I like Danielle Steele too! Most of what she has written has been really entertaining. I think a lot of TV movies were based on her novels too. Thank you for joining in!

Sandee said...

I love that reading nook. I want that reading nook. Beautiful. We both love to read.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

pilch92 said...

Nice to learn more about you. I love to read, mostly memoirs. XO

Mari said...

I like that nook. If I had it, I'd be like you and never come out. I like to lay on my bed to read.
I like series too, but hate waiting for that next book!

messymimi said...

Reading is a happy thing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

When we were raising our son, I read one book a day for several years. Thinking back now, I don't know how I did it!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were good answers. I don't read much anymore because when I do I fall asleep after a few pages. Maybe I need to pick more exciting books LOL!

Mevely317 said...

I LOVE that little library and the nook with a view!

**Syl said...

Wonderful nook!
Its on my wishlist already for a long time.
So nice to read, stare at the clouds or just dream away.

Have a nice week!

Kirstin said...

That reading nook is pretty, but I'd need a lot ore pillows and a blanket. I started reading the Mitford Series a few years ago after my Grandma passed away. She loved them and so did my mom, who also passed away. I'm on the second one now...it's moving slower than the first so I haven't made much progress..haha.