Monday, January 29, 2024

Aww....Mondays Maxine Cracks Me Up .... Sparks

Sparks with Snoopy and Charlie Brown to keep Sparks up and running with some positive thoughts.
 

Aw....Mondays


We had a photo taken in front of the waterfall outside Casa Bonita Friday night. . We had been waiting for a long while to get a reservation. The dining experience was ok but it was super pricey and it seems to cater to adults more than children these days.


The original menu from the 1970's . 

The prices are 6.8 times higher then they were back then and it is a singular small meal not the cool all you can eat buffet. When we asked for a second basket of sopaipilla's it cost $1 per basket of 4. Since there were 8 of us we had to pay an additional $2! I am also not a fan of someone else pouring a smidge of honey and drowning my sopaipillas in cinnamon sugar which, by the way, in my humble opinion, belongs on cinnamon sugar toast, These servers make $30 an hour so some of them could have acted a bit more friendly, professional, anything. They also have implemented rules were they do not want you leaving your table to watch the diver as they will clear your plate so Jacey & I  were hovering over Colton & Harrison's plates as they got up to see the diver. Harrison had never been there so it was a real treat for him. I am not a follower of these ridiculous rules anyway  so I would rather go to my neighborhood Mexican restaurant which serves up very authentic dishes and treat you like you are the only customer they have.  El Mirador has excellent food, prices and once you have been there a time or two their servers often remember what you drink. They also have the most delectable desserts around. For $368 Casa Bonita was not the most well spent money for a very mediocre meal.

The two dudes from the South Park TV series who are originally from South Park, Colorado bought Casa Bonita and did a very nice remodel of the entire facility. But I feel like they are trying to recoup their money in the first year. 

Oh Maxine, you are terribly ornery today! If I seemed grumpy about Casa Bonita it was just all the old memories we had, the birthday parties my kids had there, the days when my mom and Pueblo phamily would come up to visit. The old Casa Bonita needed some TLC but the cost of the meals are way overpriced. I have had steak & lobster that was not that pricey .

A shout out to Tyler Bass, the Buffalo Bills NFL kicker who missed the field goal in the horrible wind to lose their chance at a run for the Super Bowl. Within hours of  the loss his charity, to save unwanted cats from being terminated, was up to over $127,000/. I checked it last night and it was over $170k. Someone with a kind heart for the throw away pets. Thank you Tyler, you are a ROCKSTAR for felines everywhere. Supporting these animals and the no kill shelter made my heart happy.

Things have been crazy around here. The car problems, the birth of our newest grand boy in December and the cold brutal weather has kept me busy with household chores and catching up my reading as my stack of books is not dwindling.  Today I woke up feeling blah since I had barely 5 hours of sleep. I spent most of the day catching up on three of my most favorite churches. Hannah & Jake's church with Pastor Bill who really motives me to pray more and Pastor Jeff and Pastor Shawn who are both in the Denver area, to do the same. Give it all to God and go pray. The same advice my mom gave me my entire life.

Rebekah's friend Alicia  lost her dad Ray last week unexpectedly. Rebekah and Zach have been cooking up a storm and delivering meals to her and her husband Calvin and also her brother, his wife, son and Ray's sister Brenda who lives with them.  Jessie and Kayla & crew live a few minutes away from us and Alicia and Calvin live a few blocks from our chiro doctor in Westminster. Because the kids have been cooking so much it has afforded us a break from cooking so this week I have to get back into my kitchen mode so I can cook a few meals too. 

I know I am as slow as a turtle commenting at your blogs but if you take the time to be here, I will get over and catch up with you too. I appreciate you more then I think you know and I have lots of stories to share so I will be trying to catching my blog posts as I go comment at other blogs too. Thank you my friends. 


When I saw this is a car window at the Olive Garden where I had lunch with Rebekah last week,  I had to stop and take a photo. Although their back window was very dirty from the lovely snow, cold and frigid temps the message was perfect to share with you all here too.




5 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So good to hear from you again! I've missed you and wondered if I was just not seeing your posts or what happened. I know sometimes LIFE just gets in the way of our "free time to write". I am sorry your experience at that restaurant was not as happy as you remember it from before. It seems that is happening in so many places these days. Since food prices are soaring and wages have had to be increased for all workers, the prices on menus have gone up everywhere, and soon restaurants will find themselves unable to stay open because we the people just can't afford to go there anymore. This crazy economy is affecting all of us, whether the powers that be want to recognize it or not. Praying for our nation. I am sorry about the loss of your friend's father, but how wonderful so many are helping with food, etc. That is always a blessing when people help out in times of need. I enjoyed your little pictures/quotes, etc. Yes, Maxine is always funny. I do hope you will have a blessed and wonderful week. It's good to hear from you again.

Sandee said...

It's so good to see a post from you and I love your family. I would love to visit you and enjoy your family.

You know how I love all things Maxine.

Thank you for joining the Awww Monday's Blog Hop.

Have a blessed day and week, my friend. Love and hugs. ♥

Mari said...

Hi!
Sorry your meal was overpriced and not so great. That was an expensive one.
Maxine is always a hoot.
Your mom gave you good advice.
I love the sticker on the car!

Mevely317 said...

Big congrats on your new grandbaby! Will we get to see pictures and stats?

Oh, I'd have been so cross at that dining experience! I hope you left a public review? I didn't used to read those - or put much faith in them -- but anymore, hey? Where there's smoke there's fire.

messymimi said...

It's wonderful to see you, congratulations on the newest family member!

The restaurant sounds more like a tourist attraction. Those are prices I'd expect to pay at a vacation resort of some kind.

I enjoyed your post and remember, if you can't get to my blog for a bit, friends don't require or expect things from friends. We all do what we can and let the rest go.