Monday, August 10, 2020

Boys and Blintzes

This big brother brought their new jeep over to race across the yard. Little brother is too small but trust me, he wants to walk so he will soon be manning the wheel too.  This kid is seriously a comic. He had us crying as he backed into various things, No dogs were harmed as they raced for the house. Little brother was hanging out in the pop up tent with grandpa. It was a scorcher on Saturday.
Although big brother loves steering the little one hightailed it through their dog door one day before anyone could catch him. He is fast and furious and he wants to walk. The motorcycle is fun but Roger has the cool hog.
Four years ago today we posed a the famous Fabulous Vegas sign on the way to the airport. Such fun times. The hubby lived in Vegas eons ago so he always finds fun places off the strip to take me. We are not gamblers. But we sure found some great restaurants.
SONday Roger flipped those blintzes while Noelle folded them with goodness. Next time I am going to try a new improved recipe with half ricotta cheese half cream cheese. We made blueverry and strawberry topping from fresh berries.
We had bacon too. It was a delightful day.
Ha! This was me earlier today. Leo has this look occasionally when the puppies clean his ear and face with sloppy kisses. He sure is a good sport though.
Leo came to live with us in May 2015. He is older and very wise so he keeps all those pups in line. Somebody has to be a good role model for them.
He keeps a watchful eye on the back gate. No intruders allowed.

 I am collecting flat rocks. I am no artist but I think I will place some around my neighborhood for others to enjoy.
HaHa! The weekend goes by too quickly. The hubby spent 6 whole days with me. He is having a hard time adjusting back into the work week. Missing Hannah and Jake too, but all good things end. We are grateful we had the time we did with them. Praying for more of those times soon.

Always trying to be kinder and lend a helping hand.
Enjoy a wonderful week and make some new memories. Smile more, stress less. Go breathe in the sunshine if it is in your day.  If if it is raining jump in a rain puddle. You are never too old for fun.I am here and there too: https://annesphamily.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What sweet pictures of the boys! I think the rock painting is so cool, wish I would come upon one sometime. It would be so reassuring to have a watchdog!

Martha said...

The boys are adorable! Glad everything worked out as planned with the blintzes. Leo is one handsome watchdog. I do the kindness rocks too and usually leave my Instagram name on the back, sometimes people will post then and message me. They are usually so thankful and say it made their day. Definitely do it, they will be enjoyed. Have a great week! :)

MadSnapper said...

oh so precious grands, and cute little car and driver... so happy to meet Leo. I showed him to hubby and he said that's our kind of dog... until we got Big Boy all 4 of our other dogs were this color. we specifily asked to see and older black dog because no one wants them... thanks for all your comments

Mevely317 said...

Not sure what happened, but I'm sooooo glad to be getting "Tata's Cottage" back in my reader list! Oh, those boys must be more entertaining than a 3-ring circus. Too funny about him getting out the doggie door!
Love how your phamily celebrates good food; those blintzes look ah-mazing. That meme about memorable friends? Sharing!

messymimi said...

Those children are so precious, thank you for the whole post!