Sunday, May 3, 2020

Aw....Mondays Ten Things of Thankful Love is.. and Much More

Here is an old photo. We celebrated Boots as a new kitten back in 1998. He was born on our wedding anniversary of May 3rd. I saved my post about him until Aw...Mondays. He was a devoted feline friend of mine his entire life, which was too terribly short. Hannah, Nick, Rebekah (holding Boots) and Colton. Harrison saw this photo and thought Colton was himself rather then seeing a photo of his dad as a kid. HaHaHa! It was too cute. I will always hold a special place inside my heart for Boots. As I sort through old photos I will share more. He was a real character and sat like a good soldier as the girls dressed him up in costume. If I tried this with Mister Kitty today I would have shredded arms and possible lose an eye because he is not a cooperative feline. I have often felt I have known true angels in my lifetime and Boots was one of them. I think he was sent to me directly from God. He came at such a good time where he made me so happy just by being at my side. He did not act like a snarky cat. He was kind and gentle and very sweet. Don't get me wrong, I have a good life with a great hubby and wonderful kids but he was there when I suffered from terrible migraines. He saw him though some difficult times. I will never forget him. Happy birthday while you roam the Rainbow bridge Boots. I love you my friend.
I was visiting Mimi and she is participating  with several others Ten Things of Thankful. So  I wanted to participate and share some of mine today, stop by Kris's and be thankful, share your thankfulness and thank her for hosting. I am new at this blog hop so I will learn as I go.
1.) Weather:  living in Colorado we natives we get use to crazy weather but lately, the beautiful days have made me extra thankful.
2.) Rain : the simplicity of the sound of hitting the windows and the fresh clean smell it leaves makes me happy and thankful.
3.) Good food: Thankful for all the delightful food we have had especially during the lock down. I forgot to take a photo before we indulged in our anniversary dinner of steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn with a tossed salad and homemade Bleu Cheese dressing. Yummy toast too.
4.) Health : happy to have really decent health and keeping that way with simple vitamins and good choices.
5.) Eyesight:  I have really awful eyesight but with corrective lenses I am blessed to be able to see clearly. As a child seeing my grandmother lose her sight when I was 8 years old made me extra thankful to have eyes to see with.
6.) Water :  always thankful not to take clean water for granted and having a fridge that pops out ice cubes automatically. Our ice maker went out and our handy son-in-law Zach and the hubby bought a new part and repaired it in a simple hour. Thankfulness galore!
7.) Springtime: looking around our yard and seeing butterflies making their fluttering sounds around the flowers and a bush in our backyard that is tarting to show many new signs of life is thankfulness for the simple things we enjoy. Love the smell of newly mowed lawns too and our back yard was a labor of love after ten years of mud and muck out there. Thankful for the simple smells of Springtime.
8.) Grandkids:  seeing the little ones in videos and drive by's in the car have been a thankful blessing.
The Baby Shark Boy Brody. At age two thankful for his parents who work with him to learn all his colors and reading every single day.  Love and am thankful for all the grands.
9.) Music:  thankful music is available to listen to anytime and anywhere. Having been raised by a father who loved country music as much as opera, I am thankful for a dad with such an array of beautiful music he shared with me as a kid.
10.) Good neighbors: extra thankful to live in a nice, quiet area with good neighbors who help out in times of need and are friendly and social. Thankful they are interesting and fun to be living nearby.
Ah...love is....right on que.
A google image of Jaipur Blue Pottery. I Had a high school friend who was an amazing artist and he made pottery, I had a few pieces and still do. Oneday I will post some photos. Thought I would share this beautiful image for Blue Monday
My eleventh thankfulness.
I hope your week is beautiful and blessed.


6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh lady, I can't get enough of seeing your sons and daughters when they were little! Love your '10 Things' list... I need to do the same, appreciating my extraordinary ordinary blessings. Someone once said actually writing things down helps cement them in our brains. Have a beautiful new week!

messymimi said...

Beautiful thankful list, i am so glad you joined in. Have a blessed and beautiful week!

Kathe W. said...

what a lovely post- your Boots must have been such a special kitty. Thanks for all your lovely comments- they a much appreciated! Take care and be safe!

Wise Hearted said...

Though I do not know you I think you and I would get along well. We are thankful for the same things. Your post made me want to sit with you over a cup of tea or coffee and look at your pictures of your family. You write like a lovely person with lots of love flowing out of you. Blessings.

Susan said...

Well, that was a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. How are you enjoying blogging so far? Thanks so much for coming to visit Writing Straight from the Heart! Always happy when you stop by. Susan

Nancy said...

I am so sorry to read about your sweet kitty, Boots. There's nothing in the world like receiving love from one who loves us unconditionally. I loved your 10 reasons to be thankful. God bless.