Thursday, April 23, 2020

SONday is the Lord's Day

I spent my childhood attending Catholic school and church too. It gave me a good foundation because in the 5th year if my life I went to school and the very first thing they taught me was "everything good comes from God". I never forgot it. I lean it on daily especially during these troubling times. It doesn't seem that most people are learning anything from this lock down. They are so divided. So filled with anger and hatred. I personally feel that if we don't open businesses and put people back to work our nation will falter and fail. So I pray and seek God's wisdom, not man's.
I'm like Billy from the Family Circus. Today was a good day, restful and we ate homemade bread. Two of our daughters are always baking bread. Yesterday was a good day too. Nick brought us delicious cookies from Crumbl. We have heat when it is cold outside and we have been in the teen's for a few days with the snow. I heard we received close to 150 inches of snow since January 2019 to the current days. Hopefully the rain prediction for next week is correct and we will get moisture but no snow. That would be nice.

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

It makes me so sad -- and confused -- to witness the back and forth-ing, name-calling, etc. Tom's DIL is an RN, presently working in one of Phoenix's ICU. She shared on her FB page where several of her coworkers marched on the (state) Capitol … and while doing so were shouted at, ridiculed and even spit at.
Love that Family Circus toon. (So much so, I'm stealing it for my FB page.)

PS - Girl, with all that bread baking on, HOW do you stay so slim?!

messymimi said...

The divisiveness is so hard. We can disagree and work toward agreement without being disagreeable about it. At least, we are as adults supposed to be able to do those things. There are those elements in society, though, that thrive on keeping us divided, and it is sad that they are winning.

Ann said...

I like that Family Circus cartoon and I have to agree with it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Louca por porcelana said...

I love visiting your gorgeous blog...I find encouragement,faith and joy. Always. God bless you.Hugs!

Nancy Chan said...

Sweet photo bringing back lovely memories of love ones and pets. I had a few feline pets when I was a young girl. After that I had pet dogs and after the last one died of sickness, I didn't keep any more pet. Don't want any more heartache. Your grand kid is cute and adorable. Have a wonderful day.

Susan said...

I'm so happy you stopped by Writing Straight from the Heart today! I'm going to follow you now. Have a lovely rest of the week. Susan