Saturday, April 18, 2020

25th Anniversary Okalahoma CIty Bombing


25 years ago today marks the anniversary of the worst domestic terrorist attack in the USA. These were the children pulled from the ruins who survived. I will never forget a girl I worked with, her cousin was one of the pre school teachers and her body was the last one removed from the wreckage. I worked with two people who lost loved ones in the bombing. 
I will pray for the families of those lost in the bombing all the days of my life. It is strange there is no remembering except for those who lost their loved ones.
God has a goodness no one else possesses. He gave His only son so we may live. I know He remembers each and every name from that fateful morning of April 18, 1993. Our son Nick was going to turn 2 that summer and he was napping and I was watching a doll show on  HSN TV. My friend Sharon called me, having seen the reports of the bombing on TV. I felt so guilty for not noticing what happened but 25 years ago the news was not in your face constantly.  25 years later I still remember but I don't watch constant news reports of the world today. It is sad, I pray kindness rules and hate slips away.

5 comments:

messymimi said...

It was so incredibly sad. My heart still aches for victims of such violence.

Mevely317 said...

Ooooh, those precious little faces. We know they're safe in Jesus' arms, but how this hurts my heart. Thank you for remembering and honoring them, sweet friend.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post and your thankfuls are so thoughtfully expressed ~ love that cute little grandson photo ~ blessings to you,

Be Well, Be Safe,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jim said...

This is a wonderful post, Anne. You are doing wonderful with only your smart phone. That is what I use also, my computer crashed last September and I haven't gotten that squared away. I use a Galaxy 8 smart phone and it is fairly smart and soso in ease of blogging. Mrs. Jim lets me use hers some, I have been on it all morning. Yes, hate is a terrible thing. I won't rant on how 'some people' use it for their advantage. Certainly the police should not and if they are long timers, perhaps be put on a desk job. Otherwise have that as grounds for dismissal.
I've go to go, Mrs. Jim is needing her computer. Bye Bye.
..

Kathe W. said...

what a lovely post- thanks for visiting me! Cheers!