Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Happy Tuesday and Maxine Cracks Me Up

Happy Tuesday


Snoopy will always make me H A P P Y !


Oh Maxine, your opinions are so bold! Our gas prices fluctuate. We paid $3.39 a gal this weekend yet up the road a few miles, it was $2.99! Big savings per gallon. 


I am sad my Denver Nuggets lost in the second round of playoffs. But I am so tired of seeing the bullies, the hateful haters and the know-it-all people come creeping out of the woodwork! It is what it is. I have always said, when I was younger I would have those words, :"It is what it is" tattooed . My father would often say that to me especially when we watched sports together and our team lost. He would always say, "Tomorrow those players will still be millionaires and you will have to get up and go back to work. Remember these words, it is what it is." So true but so many people can not let it go. There is next year, God willing and so I have to let it go.

** You will find my Tuesday4 here: https://annesphamily.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Sandee said...

Love the Maxine one. If you lived in California and went to Costco today the gas is $4.85 for regular. I like your gas prices far better. I love Maxine.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, my friend. ♥

pilch92 said...

Sorry about your Denver Nuggets. XO

Mari said...

I have a friend who always says "It is what it is". She says it's going on her gravestone. :)
Our gas in $3.79. It's been that price for a while. Sigh...

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love Maxine. She's always right on! And yes, life goes on even when our favorite teams lose, or even when the political situation doesn't match our hopes and beliefs, etc. We just have to pray and keep our eyes on Jesus. He's all that really matters! Yes, "it is what it is". Be joyful and thankful anyway, right? Happy Tuesday!

Terra said...

Maxine is right. Here in California I paid $5.10 a gallon for the cheapest gas yesterday, spent $38.00 for about 7 gallons. Your gas prices sound good to me.

Veronica Lee said...

Oh, I love Snoopy too! He always brings a smile to my face.
I'm with you on Maxine—she's got a way of telling it like it is.

Happy Wednesday!

Susan said...

Hello Anne....Your blog post had lots of things that made me smile. Thanks! And Anne, thank you so much for your visit to Writing Straight from the Heart and for commenting, too. I feel very badly for your little friend, Bea. I can identify with her. The apartment I am currently in is lovely but very small for me. So I understand how Bea feels. Thanks, Anne. You are a dear blogging friend. Susan

Mevely317 said...

Love that Maxine!
Your father's advice was so good. Wise man!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Snoopy always brings a smile to my face, and Maxine makes me laugh out loud!
Blessings!

Chatty Crone said...

I love Snoopy!
Also I am going somewhere expensive too - the gas station! lol

Red Rose Alley said...

Snoopy always makes my heart happy. I like the last quote you shared. And I agree with Maxine, gas prices are very high!

Have a good rest of the week. And thank you for visiting my birthday post. I appreciate that. : )

~Sheri

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love this cheery post.
Snoopy always makes me happy, and Maxine makes me laugh (even though the truth about the rising gas prices isn't so funny).
Great quote/reminder by John Wooden.