Thursday, April 28, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 

Thankful Thursday

Today I had to pick up a prescription for my husband. When I got to the store, the pharmacy said it would be tonight after 5 o'clock. I did some shopping and did not realize I had a shopping cart with a bad wheel. Not a wonky wheel, but a wheel that the  thick rubber was falling off the metal wheel. I realized this when I put a 40 pack of bottles water in my cart! It nearly flipped over.

I went to the front of the store and replaced my cart with all the groceries I had already put in the other cart. I told two women working at the customer service center. I sure hope they told whoever takes the bad carts out of the way because the next person mght be injured and sue them!

I had a really nice cashier check out my groceries. So it was a thankful experience. When I started to put the groceries in my car a customer approached me. She was a small lady, about 5 feet tall and said she would put my cart up for me. She helped me load the water and other big items in my car anf then pit my cart up. That was really thankful to have such  a nice person help me in that way. 

 


I hope you all have a great weekend. I was yelling at my TV this afternoon as the Rockies could not win a game against the Phillies. Their coach is supposedly a former major league pitcher. Thus my baseballism.  When a pitcher allows two runs to score even though the batter did not get a hit but rather a free pass, or walk, and does it again, he needs to remove that pitcher! Unfortunately for the Rockies, their coach let the pitcher allow 4 free passes for the Phillies. The Phillies acted like they just won the World Series. I had hoped that woke culture would not seep into the MLB but unfortunately it has. Everyone gets a trophy so no body cries!  Not thankful for this kind of behavior but always thankful for the dad I had who knew the game and played it with passion and love. Very thankful 

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a lovely experience! Except, of course, for the bad wheel.

Sandee said...

I hate the bad wheel on that cart, but that lady that helped you was a blessing.

We don't watch sports anymore and if actors are preaching politics we turn them off. We're far happier too.

I hope you had a fabulous Thankful Thursday, Ann. Love and hugs for a wonderful Friday and weekend. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

We have some really cashiers where we grocery shop too...and some bad carts. It was sure nice of that lady to help you out too. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

messymimi said...

As Erma Bombeck said, why do I always get the cart with 3 wheels that want to go shopping and one that wants to go to the parking lot?

That was a very helpful lady, i'm glad she stopped.

Mari said...

Isn't it a blessing to run into nice people? I had a tall young man help me get something off a high shelf today at the grocery story. I would never have reached it!