Sunday, September 27, 2026

NATIONAL DAUGHTER'S DAY

 Yesterday was National Daughter's Day! I did not publicly  thank my three girls, Noelle, Rebekah and Hannah for being the best three girls a mom could have!

  • "A daughter holds your heart in ways words can never define."
  • "Daughters are joy in human form."
  • "You are my brightest star."

  • Noelle could use some prayer. She is on her feet all day long at her job and she has a sprained knee. It is hard to stay off your knee when you work for a living. I am guessing she might need an extra day of rest though. Doctors orders!

    Rebekah can use prayer too. She is getting P.T. for headaches and they have changed the way they treat those. She is very happy with her P.T. as she was in an accident when someone hit her from behind on the highway coming home from her office. Car  beyond repair! She had to buy a new one. It is very beautiful, a shiny bright blue car.  

    Hannah is a busy boy mom with two little ones. Big brother is a busy toddler, but he is a good helper to dad. He loves trains and cars and big trucks. A typical boy and he can throw a ball with the best of 'em! Baby is his grandpa's lil buddy. He is growing so quickly and is one happy boy.

    MaryDon who use to blog with us in a care facility. Please pray. Taking away her independence was so difficult. She has always been so independent. She and I related to each other years ago while blogging. She posted love is.... and so did I! Here is one for her today .

    I miss those early blogging days. So many have left us and others stopped the  blogging. I've been dealing with life and somedays it is hard. For me, I have a great husband who cares for me and I for him. But most important,  our faith carries us over the bumps and bruises in life's journey,

    I hope that I will be here tomorrow. I miss all of you and hope I visit you soon. Blessings and a beautiful week to everyone. 




    14 comments:

    Mari said...

    I miss the old blogging days too. I hate losing blogs, some have passed and some quit blogging. :(
    Good to see the family updates.

    Martha Jane Orlando said...

    I've missed seeing you around here, too, Anne. I hope you will be more frequent with your posts. I had no idea that yesterday was National Daughter's Day. I love mine up to the moon and back! May your week be blessed.

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    Thanks Mari! I had a PCP visit early this morning. It went well. But we waited so long. They need more doctors and there don't seem to be any who go into primary care practices. Late night last night for us. Darn Broncos giving us a fit! That was one ugly win and we do not like refs siding one way or another. My B7B grandsons do not have school on Monday so Big Bro was able to get extra rest. Lil B was with the other grands. Life is good. Have a beautiful day.

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    I've missed you. I will be visiting blogs shortly. I hope you and Danny are well. I love catching up with everyone. I always enjoy your blog and your uplifting posts. The whole world needs more of those. Good daughters (and sons) are the very best in this life. :-) Take care sweet lady.

    Great-Granny Grandma said...

    Good to see you again, Anne.
    I had no idea that yesterday was National Daughter's Day either. I have one very special one.
    Just said a prayer for the ladies you mentioned (are any of them your daughters?).
    Have a blessed week.

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    Thank you! Noelle, Rebekah and Hannah are our three girls. Jeremy and Nick our two sons. Thank you so very much. Blessing and Love sent your way too. With prayers.

    Red Rose Alley said...

    I just whispered a prayer for your two daughters. I did not know it was National Daughter's Day. I've always liked your purple look on your blog. I miss those old days of blogging. So many things have changed. But we meet new friends, and that's special. Happy October days to you.

    messymimi said...

    All blessings to you and your family, it’s lovely to hear from you again.

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    Thank you for prayers. Love to get back to these blogs. I hope you have a wonderful new week. You are a sweetheart. :-)

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    I'm so happy to see everyone, it is something I missed for such a long while. Always thinking of you and your loved ones and praying. Especially for your Grandma.

    Haddock said...

    Got to see "Love is" after a long time and it is perfect.

    Susan said...

    Hi Anne....It's always sad when we lose fellow bloggers. You are so very blessed to still have your husband, Anne. Please, cherish every second together (I know you do). Once you lose your partner, life is forever changed. It is very, very hard. Hope your weekend is fun! Hugs. Susan

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    Oh Yes! One of my favorites for all the years since it first appeared in the comic strips of newspapers. I collected them and pasted them on colorful paper and gave them to my husband before we married and everyday afterwards. I still save them at Pinterest and send them to him each day. :-)

    My Tata's Cottage said...

    Thank you Susan! Our oldest daughter lost her husband in 2022 one week before their shared December 13th birthday. She is so sad and although she reconnected with an old high beau Roger is and always will be number one in her heart. He was my lunch buddy too. He was older than our girl but we had so much fun at lunch and he would often tell me, "Listen mother-in-law, either eat that lunch or keep talking!" We go to the Olive Garden for soup and salad and when he was here he once complained to me that they never give enough black olives. The next time we went there I brought an entire can and filled a ziploc bag. He got the biggest kick and when we go there these days without him we always seem to get an extra olive or two. :-) Everyone who has lost the love of their life say the same thing. :-(