Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Tuesday 4 Happy Tuesday love is... Maxine Cracks Me Up

Tuesday4       AUTUMN READING 

 



Welcome to  Toni Taddeo's Tuesday4 which is hosted by Annie. Thank you 

Happy September friends and welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. 

The Autumnal Equinox is September 21 and it is the actual beginning of Autumn. Many, however, consider Labor Day as the unofficial opening of the Autumn season of the "Ber" Month

1. What's on your reading list for September? Life is Hard, God is Good, Let's Dance! by Brant Hansen, Jesus Christ, The Truth by J John and Chris Walley, 15 Summers Later by RaeAnne Thayne, . My list is short. We started a bible study with the five of us one night a week. So we have homework to  study for and notes to take. We started out slow, my husband Avery is so knowledgeable and lives  the Word of God  as best he can with his fearless heart. The world is so topsy turvy that I am wanting to try to solve things myself and it never works! So it is good we are revisiting so many books in the bible that are speaking out about today's world. It is my top priority.


2. Does your favorite reading nook look anything like the one in the picture or do you wish it did? I wish it did! I often read in bed because we have an adjustable bed and our model is a split king. So I am able to not disturb my sleeping husband when I can not sleep. I would love to have a nook with a window and even an outdoor one in the warm weather providing I could be screened in away from the wasps!

3. Can you name some books you've read many times? To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Good Earth, The Count of Monte Cristo.   Also any books by Fiona Valpy Do you recommend them? The first three are classics and yes I highly recommend them. The Fiona Valpy books are set during WWII primarily and I wish everyone would read these books to know  what could be in store for the world.

4.   Which of the classics have you read?  Good Reads offer a list of classics they recommend here. I have read all the classics that were required reading in my Catholic school days. There are too many to list but:  Don Quixote, Pride and Prejudice , The Catcher in the Rye, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Great Gatsby, Wuthering Heights and  also anything by Ayn Rand. I am grateful for all the books I was required to read because it expanded my knowledge of a world I otherwise would know nothing about. 

Happy Tuesday

This is a good day for me to catch up on Augusts. Nick celebrated on the 20th along with our friends Richard (also 8/20) and Sherrie in California and my niece Katie as well as my dear sweet friend Sharon who is celebrating in Heaven .Nick is blessed with a good bunch of August 20th birthday pals.

The 19th celebrated my favorite Aunt Ang - from here all the way to Heaven where she has been for many years. It is also the birthday of my niece Amy.  I checked in with Jeremy, our oldest son on the 9th already and our son-in-law Zach on the 13th. 

Noelle and Roger would have celebrated 24 years of marriage on the 27th but Roger left us way too soon as well.   The losses we have experienced in our phamily has never been easy and it never will be. Our sweet Alastor Avery went to heaven on the 4th of August when he was just 7 months old. He would be 5 today. So many hard tears fall for those no longer here. But many happy memories are closest to our hearts.

August was not the happiest month with the loss of my boy Tiger a/k/a Mr. Kitty. But I did not think September 1 would give us such a scare! Avery, my husband had been complaining of an eczema breakout. But it was hurting him and I wanted him to call his doctor. Then his asthma flared up! Sunday morning he woke me up to say he  had a very hard time breathing and  wanted to go to the emergency room. Rebekah and Zach drove us and off we went. They believe he had a viral infection because all his labs were excellent and the lung x ray only showed a slight inflammation. After a few hours there they sent him home with some meds and orders to follow up with the PCP and a Pulmonologist. So, please do not be offended, but when people say to me, trust the Science....sorry no! They are only human too and sometimes they do not know everything. I worked in the medical field for 35 years. I worked with research docs in a teaching hospital, I worked in an Admissions office and the emergency room. I learned so much and one thing I learned, on this earth, we are all human and no one knows everything! That in my opinion, is God's job!

We saw this with Nick in 2020 when he was deathly ill. The hospital Er that saw him wanted to write it off as CV19! Nope his blood count was too low. So in came an infection disease guy.. At least the meds he gave NIck worked until May 5 2024 when Nick had a blood count so low that the hospital who tried calling him in the middle of the night had the police come to our home to tell us he needed to go to the ER ASAP! They thought he had leukemia, brought in the old school expert who found he suffered from anemia with a blood count circling the drain! So this older and much wiser doctor solved Nick's problem and two years later, he is staying healthy! 

I am a little slap happy from lack of sleep, lack of relaxation, lack of getting through the day without a crisis. But it is how life does go  sometime.  Plus I am H A P P Y I am here with my people!

Icing on the cake, Zach waited in the car while Rebekah and I took her dad to the ER. Zach had the car on charging  his phone  and checking different videos out and dozed off. When he attempted to start the car it had a dead battery. Thank goodness Nick to the rescue. As he brought the portable battery charger to us so we could all go home. We all had a decent night's sleep on Saturday night.  We are all human and we all make silly mistakes and sometime giant ones.

I bet you are glad you are not me! But the prayer warriors came out in full force and prayed as they always do. I spent the better part of Sunday afternoon sending over 50 messages to everyone who prayed. 

I plan to continue my August saga on my other blog but for now, a quick visit with love is... and Maxine Cracks Me Up:

No other words required.....

Maxine, well, Maxine has opinions on everything! 


12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I love Maxine. always makes me laugh and your Sept month means you need a few laughs. so glad every thing is ok now. that is so scary. so true that all can make a mistake, including doctors and ER staff.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thank you so much for visiting. We really have to advocate for ourselves and in the case of someone who can not, I pray there is always someone who will. Our middle girl is always prepared with questions and she is her dad's twin, born in the middle, so she is fearless. I hope you are having a good week.

Mevely317 said...

I'm laughing out loud at that Maxine meme.
Thank you so much for this update on Avery. I was actually thinking about PM-ing you for info. Love how your your sweet phamily comes together for each -- in good and not-so-good times.

Sandee said...

So happy about Nick. It's good that the right doctor showed up and knew what to do. Bless that doctor.

I'm glad Avery is alright too. That was scary. Prayers answered.

Unconditional indeed.

I laughed out loud at Maxine. I'm happy nothing fell off as well.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a blessed day and rest of the week, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thank you! Yeah the five of us work well together. Its a good thing. I miss Avery and Nick today as they both had to head back to work.Nick and Rebekah scramble the best eggs. But Avery made a batch of friend potatoes with chorizo crumbles and we doused it in green chili. Nick brought home a dozen of our favorite tamales. Tuesday is Tuesday Tuesday so all the tamales cost $1.13 a piece. :-)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thank you, it might not have been the happiest Tuesday but we are all still here so grateful for that. love is.... and Maxine keep me upright although there are days Maxine has me rolling on the bed so I don't fall on the floor. hahaha Thank you.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Oh, my goodness, Anne, you have certainly had a lot on your plate! No wonder you're worn out! I don't have any medical background, but I've certainly read a lot about our health issues in our country and the fact that nowadays, out doctors think there is a pill for everything. I'm convinced they're making us sick so the drug companies can get rich. RFK, Jr., is right about cleaning up and cleaning out the FDA.
Okay, I'm off the soap box. Blessings!

Susan said...

I like the Love Is cartoon.; I used to cut them out of the newspaper back in the 70's. I read the Good Earth. I read Catcher in the Rye in my senior year of high school. So many books. The ultimate physician is God. He gives knowledge to the medical staff. But l agree, there is a lot they do not know.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I agree with you and RFK Jr is very bright. He is very much like his dad. He was a good man who wanted only the best for the American people. All we can do is pray. Thank you for your kind words. Have a blessed rest of the week.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Yes, I trust Our Lord 100% - He is always caring for us and never tries to harm us. Oh yes, so many good books! Sometime hard to choose. I use to cut those loveis... out of the newspaper when we were first married. I even have a couple of mini books with many of the different ones in them. I hope you are having a wonderful week. Take care.

messymimi said...

Gracious, but you've had a month and then some! My heart aches with your losses and rejoices with your happy times and I am praying all of you stay healthy and all is well.

Kirstin said...

Enjoyed your answers....I used to always cut out the Love is cartoons. They were a fave