Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Bittersweet Memories and A Birthday for Lulu

 

I had to redo my post for today to share my sister Pat and my pup Lulu. My sis went to  heaven 21 years ago today. My sweet pup Lulu turns four years old today.  Oh how my daddy loved his first born child and first daughter. He was so handsome and so proud, holding her in this photo. I am grateful I have some photos to remember them by. 

 

Today I am most thankful for my beautiful sister Pat. She passed away 20 years ago today.  She was a wonderful big sister, she  sewed like a dream, was lots of fun and had great faith. She and her husband Gary raised up five sons. They had three grand daughters and two great grand girls. She was not here long enough to know them all. But I have told some of them about her. I won't let them forget her. 


 


My sister was the tall girl in this photo. My late cousin Ron was next to her, cousin Charlotte and our brother Bill.



I hope my sister is enjoying heaven to it's fullest. She was too kind for this earth and as my grandmother would say, "God always takes the good ones." Missing you Pat and missing our phone conversations and letters.

 


My girl Lulu turns 4 years old today. She will enjoy a steak with her phamily.  She is a funny little girl. She has grown into such a beauty. She has the best ears and her coat colors are gorgeous. 


I love you Lulu! You are the sweetest girl. You are a good momma to your two babies who are growing up so fast too. I hope your day is perfect.


Wordless Wednesday

Paine Range from lake Pehoe, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile is a photograph by David Gysel

Torres Del Paine Photograph - Paine Range from lake Pehoe, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile by David Gysel  

4 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

(((hugs))) to you regarding your sister Pat. I understand about God taking the good ones young. Our middle son Matthew would be 49 this Friday, the 25th. He entered heaven 8 years ago when he was 41. We miss him every day, but we know where he is and he isn't suffering from cancer anymore. And we WILL see him again someday, where we will never have to part again. Your Lulu is sweet too. Thank you for this post. May the Lord give you comfort and peace...

Mevely317 said...

Bittersweet, indeed. What would we be without our memories, our photographs? I love that LuLu came into your life on this sad anniversary -- perchance a gift from your sister Pat, to bring comfort?

Mari said...

Lovely memories and tribute to your dear sister.
Happy Birthday to Lulu!
Beautiful pics.

messymimi said...

Hugs to you, i am glad you have such good memories of your sister.

Many happy returns of the day to Lulu!