Sunday, February 27, 2022

PRAY FOR UKRAINE


 Aw...Mondays


The Sunflower is  the national flower of  Ukraine. Someone I was in a Spring Seed Swap with once sent me sunflower seeds and told me as a child her dad planted sunflowers and told her to notice how sunflowers look upward to heaven. I always remembered that . My favorite Aunt Ang loved sunflowers. I could never get sunflowers to grow in our yard. 
Love is....reminds me to take life and love one day at a time. Also keep your eyes upward.

"Arise, shine, for your light has come,
  and he glory of the Lord rises upon you.
  See darkness covers the earth, 
   and thick darkness is over the peoples.
    but the Lord rises upon you,
     and His glory appears over you.
      Nations will come to your light,
       and the kings to the brightness of your dawn." Isaiah 60:1-3

     

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love Sunflowers, but we have trouble growing them in our yard as well. They always face the sun!

Mevely317 said...

This makes me want to go out and buy a package of sunflower seeds ... or several!

Sandee said...

Sunflowers and beautiful and yellow is such a happy color.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Big hugs, honey. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful supportive post for the Ukraine ~ lovely sunflowers ~ they are so strong ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of love and peace in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Kathe W. said...

We are all praying for Ukraine....hugs to you and all your family!

pilch92 said...

I did not know that about sunflowers. I am praying for the people of Ukraine.

messymimi said...

Lots of prayers for Ukraine. My only consolation is that King Jesus is still on His throne.

Mari said...

We are praying for Ukraine!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Praying for Ukraine, indeed, Anne.

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is a strong willed little girl!