Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Aw...Mondays, Happy Tuesday

 

Aw...Mondays


My sweetheart made a pot of pinto beans and ham. Rebekah and Zach had gone to their monthly dinner with Jacey and Colton and Ryan and Kaylee. Rebekah made homemade corn bread. It was truly good home cooking. Thanks Love is...

Happy Tuesday It is more like a frozen ice tundra Tuesday but I always find something happy about it. I am grateful to be indoors. where it is warm and toasty. My heart hurts for the homeless, who are turned outside everyday at shelters if they can even find one that has staff. No matter what people think of the homeless they are God's creations too. Government has money for such ridiculous stuff yet nothing for the elderly, homeless and unborn babies. Someday God will explain it all.

"Do not neglect hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

Helping others, even in the most minor way, always makes me smile because somedays you walk around and see sadness everywhere. I don't like it, so I at least smile at others. I like to say a kind word too if I have that opportunity. A lady was struggling to reach an item on the top shelf so I gave her a helping hand. We smiled, she thanked me and we went on our way. But all those little things we can do add up to making someone's day brighter. I like thinking about it. Spreading happiness.



8 comments:

Sandee said...

We have tons of homeless here is California. You can't go anywhere without seeing the homeless. It's epidemic here.

I love Maxine. She's my kind of gal.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are so right about the homeless. Our church founded the W.A.R.M. shelter, and when it is full, like now, we are actually putting them up in hotels.

Granny Annie said...

I've got plenty of extra crust:-(

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I so miss being out and about where I always had the opportunity to say a kind word to others or to lend a hand. Those days will return! Love the Maxine cartoon, too. If you like me, you gotta like the extra crust, too.
Blessings!

Mevely317 said...

I love your retelling how you helped that lady reach what she was wanting while in the store. Little things mean a LOT!
Sad to say, we're supposed to be at or near 80* this week -- but you raise a good point about the homeless. I even worry about the animals and birds left to fend for themselves. Of course, His eye is (always) on the sparrow.

messymimi said...

Home cooked is the best.

It's so difficult to tell the homeless from the con artists here. Some people park their very nice cars in the back of a store lot then walk to a corner and beg as if they are homeless. It makes people jaded and less willing to help.

pilch92 said...

Glad you got to spend some quality time with your family. XO

Mari said...

Kindness goes a long way. If everyone did their part to smile and say hi, help get something from a high shelf... We would be much further ahead.