Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Thankful Thursday and Friendly Fill In's

 What is there to be thankful for?

 Lots of things: I need to get back to going through my day and  finding all my little thankful's.  Wednesday was a tough day for me. Thinking about my sister Pat all day and enjoying the company of my sweet little Lulu. Thankful both of them were/are in my life. My big sis was kind, she took all the lonely kids in and friended them. Thankful I had her as long as I did. She was real lifeline. We would talk and laugh and cry all together. It is sad all my phone a friend/sister/mom days are no more. They all went to heaven instead. - Sharon, Vivian, Pat, my mom. Thankful for all of them. I do have Bea. She will be 92 in May. She is so cute.  Always calls and says "I hope you and Avery aren't sick." I sure love my visits with her. She is very interesting and we always have lots in common.

I wrote this poem for my sister Pat in 2015.:

My sister, my friend

Gone from my sight.

Never from my heart.

Like a star on a cold dark night

I feel your presence there,

My heart becomes light.

Missing you with all my being

Loving you always

Until we meet again

In Heaven's home.

I am thankful I once wrote lots of poetry. 

I love quotes and these are some that remind me of my sister Pat:

I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, 

might not leave such stillness. Emily Dickinson

Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, 

and wise  is the counsel of those who love us. Benjamin Disraeli

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit,

a golden thread to the meaning of life. - Isadora James Patterson 



Thankful that I like remembering my sister's life.  Please visit Thankful Thursday


Each week Ellen and her co host  Lorianne host this weekly fill in. They each decide on two sentences to use. Ellen does the first two, Lorianne the second two,

Here are this week's answers:

1.________________is the ______________est I have ever been,

2. I really hate going to ______________.

3. While most people______________I, _______________.

4. I'm glad that ______________was invented.


Here are my answers:

1. Today is the quietest I have ever been. 

2. I really hate going to the dentist and these days, doctors too.

3. While most people trust Science, I trust God. Without Him Science would not exist.

4.  I'm glad that  Reynolds Wrap non stick foil was invented. I love it!

Patsy Clairmont from Women of Faith posted this quote by Carol Kent. It is perfect for most people and their people who can often wear you down. 

Please pray for Mary, she is the wife of my nephew Gary and needs a kidney transplant.  She is a sweet gal and has suffered so much. I pray and just hand it allover to God.  Thank you. 






10 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Your poem/tribute to your sister, is beautiful . . .
Prayers for Mary that she might soon get that transplant she needs, too.
Blessings, Anne!

Mevely317 said...

What a beautiful poem! Prayers are being lifted for Mary. Hugs!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hugs as you remember your special Sister. Those were good fill in answers. We all send prayrs to Mary. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

What a beautiful poem to your sister. Big healing hugs.

Love your fill-ins.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday, Anne. Big hugs and lots of love. ♥

Hootin Anni said...

My sister, who fills my heart each and every day, is my lifeline many times throughout my life. I can relate to your deep loss of yours tho my sister is still living...in other words I feel your pain & empty feeling. (By the way, she lives just over the mountain range from you...the Western slope). And I know Colorado like the back of my hand. Grew up & raised a family (50+years) just north of you.

Beautiful tribute and sending my thanks to you for your visit.

New Release Books said...

Your tribute is so beautiful

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a lovely post. I love your poem so sweet.
Your fill ins were fun.
Thanks for visiting me at My Journey Back and leaving a comment. It lured me over.
Nice to meet you!
Have a great Friday and Weekend.

pilch92 said...

Beautiful poem you wrote for your sister. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers, especially #3. And yes, wonderful invention. XO

messymimi said...

What a joy such a sister must be.

Lots of prayers now, for all of us, as well as for your niece-in-law.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely poem for your sister and beautiful thankfuls ~ you are a treasure to have as a sister too ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of peace in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)