Monday, March 7, 2022

Tuesday4 , Happy Tuesday and Maxine Cracks Me Up and Sunday Stealing

 In memory of Toni Taddeo please join Tuesday4

 Welcome back!   

There are some things we just enjoy quite a lot. Let's talk about it okay?

1. Which book could you read over and over again? The Good Earth and To Kill A Mockingbird. Pearl S.  Buck and Harper Lee, two of my all time favorite authors. My late uncle was an avid reader and had an original copy of The Good Earth. He let me borrow it once as he knew I was careful and respectful of books. I wish I could have inherited that book after his passing, simply because we shared such a love for it. I believe I have gone through at least 5 copies of To Kill A Mockingbird.

2. What movie or TV program could you watch and never tire of watching? Maine Cabin Masters. I watch it faithfull twice a week. On Monday it is on from 7 A.M. to midnight. I tape the ones I can not watch. Although I am a Colorado native and have not visited Maine, I would love to have these awesome folks remodel a cabin for me, if I had one. Sigh...I can dream can't I?

3. What meal do you like enough to eat several times a week or several times a month?  Got a recipe to share for it? I love a three minute egg with grapefruit and whole grain toast or Avocado Toast. I love eggs over medium. I'm a breakfast person. I also love pancakes, waffles and crepes and I make all of them from scratch. I have easy recipes I have used: Trial and error. I have learned to put 5 stars on the ones I use forever. I also have a Belgian waffle iron which I purchased in 1972, the year I graduated from high school. Other than needing a new power cord, it works like a charm.

4. What place do you enjoy so much that you go back again and again? Why do you like it so much?  Other than my own home, which is where I really love to be, I love the Colorado mountains and love to go there at least once a year.  We love the Avalanche Ranch too. It is an amazing place to visit , especially in the dead of winter. They have natural hot springs and we enjoyed several hot springs with  some really great people mostly from Michigan there. I also love Kansas. Our youngest son attended college there and he spent five years in Kansas. We loved traveling there because it was a much shorter car trip than most places we love. Plus the people are friendly and my dear friend Linda lives on a farm in Kansas. I would love to go back and visit her again and again. 


 Stealing Sunday

 1. How long have you lived at your current residence?  We bought our current home in November 2010. We purchased our home from  having financing pre-approved, visiting homes and moving into it in 10 days! People think we are pulling their leg but our finance guy Dave, was a saving grace for us as we had rented a house before that for 9 years and the landlord was in bankruptcy for 1 1/2 years before he tossed us out. We were afraid we would be homeless as no one wanted to rent to us because two of our kids were teenagers! My husband found an on line ad for Dave's company and voila, we were blessed by the grace of God.

2. What changes have you made to it since you got there? This is an older brick house, built in the 1960's. People were obsessed with trees back than. We had to remove two of them due to a water main line, we replaced a water heater and the HVAC system . So many projects left to do, all we need is more money! haha We removed a third tree this past summer. 4 to go!

3.  What surprised you about living in your place or in your neighborhood?  We have some really nice neighbors. It is a quiet area. Lots of stores are nearby.  It is a good area to walk the dogs in too.

4. If someone were moving in next door, what would you warn them about?  Probably the renters next door. They have three dogs and have been reported by other neighbors for leaving them out in the extremely  cold weather. The are are young couple, very unfriendly and  wecall them the "Witness Protection People". We once threw toys over their fence to help their first dog stop barking. After dark, they came outside and threw them back into our yard. 

5. If you have to move in the next 45 days what are you not taking with you?  That would be tough for me. I love what we have but after seeing people fleeing the Marshall fires 20 minutes from our own home, it makes a person realize you need the absolutely essentials and all living people and pets and get outta there.

6. What are you currently reading?  My oldest daughter lent me a book about Ron and Clint Howard which was a good book and I also read a book called Tea for Honey by Elizabeth Caddell, an older author and book. I also started  reading a book about MLB NY Yankee catcher Thurman Munson, who perished in a plane crash for the second time. I am a huger MLB fan. My stack of books will be as tall as I am if I don't get busy and finish some of those in the stack. 

7. What did you recently finish reading? A book about actress Sharon Gless, an older book about Dinah Shore and a cookbook by Joanna Gaines from Magnolia Farm.

8. What do you think you'll read next? I love older books so I have a book about Fred Astaire, my most favorite dancer since I was a small child. A book about Western NY that I start and stop reading. Also a few more books by Elizabeth Caddell.

9. When did you take the road less traveled?  2014, through a National Forest in Arizona. My husband thought he found a google travel plan that would have saved us time. Instead we were stuck on a two lane dusty road for over two hours, behind a rude guy driving a HUGE RV with  Canadian license plates.  He would not allow us to pass him. As a result we ended up driving through a National forest after dark arriving at our destination over 4.5 hours late! Except for the cacti, I thought I was in my own backyard with the pine trees!!!

10. Did you ever participate in a talent show? No, the closest I was to acting at all was in the second grade as the angel holding the star over the manger in the Christmas play at my Catholic school. My talent back then was being shy so I was musically inclined or able to sing or dance with a crowd looking at me.

11. When did you most recently strike out? Attempting for two days to make an annual mamogram appointment with my bone density appointment. I have already vented about this but it was incredibly frustrating as people often do not listen to what you say to them and then try to push you into taking an appointment time you already told them you could not do!

12. Where do you go to find yourself? On the floor putting puzzles together with our 2 and 4 year old grandsons. They bring out our inner child. Until it is time to get up off the floor. hahaha

13. What do you have mixed feelings about?  I love kindness and respectful people and I find there are many who do not agree with you on some subjects and therefore they feel they can be mean and hateful and bully you all the while saying I hope you have a beautiful day! I kid you not.  The world is a wacky place and I prefer seeking out goodness and people who can agree to disagree and be mature adults about matters of the world.

14. What did you mostly recently add to your collection of something? Shhh.....you can not tell on me. There are people who do not like or appreciate my collections! I love American Girl dolls and I bought one recently that had been previously loved, and I love to dress them them up and display them all around my house. It makes me very happy. My husband does not mind but it drives some of my adult kids crazy! They watched too many horror movies about dolls coming to life! hahaha

15. When did something most recently stir you to tears? A friend from blogging and social media, asked us to send her brother birthday wishes. He had a fall off his porch in 2020,  2 summers ago which caused him a life changing injury. He became a parapalegic. 200 cards were sent to him from 27 countries and he had an infection that moved into his blood and bone and ended his life. His wife and two teenage children cared for him. I was devastated for Beth and her loss of her big brother. But also grateful we were able to give him smiles for his birthday. Life is fragile. I handle it with prayer. We need to be more kind in this world. we never know when we will draw our final breathe. 

These questions were stolen from   Kwizgiver by Beth. Stealing Sunday has been a fun blog hop. Please join it whne you want to.

Happy Tuesday

  


Ain't love grand?

Uh oh Maxine is gearing up for the time change March 13th. Maxine, I would love to go back in time and freeze it! 

Have a wonderful Tuesday and enjoy yourself. Stay safe and warm or cool, depending where you are !

10 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I so enjoyed reading your answers today, Anne, as they truly revealed so much about you and your personality. I, too, am a huge fan of breakfast - it is, hands down, my favorite meal of the day. If allowed, I would consume breakfast foods at lunch and dinner, too, but my common sense tells me that would not be a healthy way to go.
Have a great day, and try not to think about the upcoming time change!

Sandee said...

I've learned even more about you today. You're just such a wonderful person.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs. ♥

Kathe W. said...

Thanks for the heads up about the time change! Have a great week!

Mevely317 said...

Like Martha said, I'm a huge fan of breakfast -- no matter the time of day! Unlike Martha, I threw common sense out my window when I turned 70. (lol)
Those Witness Protection people sound odd. Please, be very careful!

messymimi said...

How i do enjoy reading your answers to these things.

Those pups are precious!

Mari said...

I like Maine Cabin Masters too. I also love To Kill a Mockingbird. I've never read The Good Earth.
I heard that book about Ron and Clint Howard was a good one.
I'm with Maxine - lets go back 30 years!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I liked your honest answers. We had to study To Kill A Mocking Bird at school. In the film they had Gregory Peck because he had a bird type surname.

If you like books you can download some of mine FREE. www.holyvisions.co.uk

God bless.

Lori said...

#4. I enjoy being at my own home too. Loved your answers! Happy Tuesday!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Hootin Anni said...

Oh that road trip with the RV devil sounds like a pain in the butt!!!
My favorite time for breakfast is at dinner time! I call it comfort food.

I am reading BOYS by Ron Howard & brother Clint. Good book. I think of all the 'classics' I prefer Dickens.

I miss the Colorado Rockies (both mtns. and baseball). But, I like ocean too.

Great post. I enjoyed your answers very much.

pilch92 said...

Nice to learn more about you through the questions. I have not heard of The Good Earth, I need to look into that.
My hubby has been cutting down tall pines near our home for a couple of years, at least 50. The ones left are too big for him so we are waiting for a tree guy. XO