Tuesday, March 15, 2022

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 THANKFUL THURSDAY

Today I am most thankful for the fact that my sweetheart has a parking spot in the hotel parking across the bridge from his office.  He may pay a premium for it but he avoids all the germs on the light rail. Since RTD has not put the bus schedule back into place these past two years,  it is a real blessing to leave and get home timely rather than waiting in the cold or the heat for your ride.

I am also grateful for my favorite feline best friend Boots. Today he has been ten long years since he left me although I feel like he went away just yesterday. He was the very best cat to have ever lived and spent his time in my life. I remember the day I picked him up. He was the last of a large little of kittens. I am guessing because he was black with some white paws and a milk mustache, no one wanted him. Their loss. He was amazing and was a good friend for the years I had him. Miss you my sweet friend. 


 You are gone but never forgotten. I wish I had you still today. Thankful I had you for the short time I had you.  05-03-1998 - 03-16-2012


This girl Rose would have had her birthday today. What a wonderful life she had. She was Nick's constant companion. When he left for college I promised Nick I would make sure she stayed happy and and healthy. She did for a long while. She was a tough little kitty. She had a mean left hook. I always said if she was a person she would be left handed! She loved chicken and would turn her nose up to any other foods. Thankful to have had you Rose. You had a wonderful life. -3-16-2005 - 11-10-2019

"I love cats because I enjoy my home; little by little , they become the visible soul." French writer, artisit and film maker - Jean Cocteau 





3 comments:

Gattina said...

In total I had 7 cats the first one and most intelligent shared my life for 20 years and just the most important once, she choose me my husband, travelled with med, went shopping with me watched over my baby etc. then came two others one by one who died rather early because of a tumour and then I had 5 at once who all made it from 18 til 20 years. And now I am living with Rosie (15) who also moveed with us from a house into an apartment and became the perfect inside cat !!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, not getting a chance at more germs is a good thing! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

I know how you love Boots to this day.

I'm happy your hubby has a good parking spot for work. Excellent.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Love and hugs. ♥