Monday, April 11, 2022

Happy Tuesday with Maxine too

 

THINGS TO PONDER ...

1. If poison expires, is it more poisonous or is not no longer poisonous?

2. Which letter is silent in the word "Scent", he "C" or the "S"?

3. Do twins ever realize one of them was unplanned?

4. Why is the letter W in English, called double U?
     Shouldn't it be called double V?

5. Maybe oxygen is killing you and it just takes 75-100 years to fully work.

6. Every time you clean something, you make something else dirty.

7. The word "swims" upside down is still "swims".

8. 100 years ago everyone had a horse and only the rich had cars.
     Today  everyone has cars and only the rich have horses.

9. If you replace the "W"  with "T" in What, Where, and When ,
     you get the answer to each of them'

Stop Happy Tuesday and share your happiness.




 

In keeping with the late Toni Taddeo's blog on   Tuesday4
Easter and Passover are coming quickly. Both are both life, so let's talk about life this week.

1. Is your life different this year? If so, how and what has changed?
Not much has changed. I was raised in the Catholic church, spent Holy Week in church 7 days a week and most days as a child and young teen. So I Had a good start. I love Easter and as my husband Avery always says, it is much more significant then Christmas, as anyone can be born. But only Christ died and rose from the dead. I don't think we do all the things I Learned from my own heritage. There were sLOVEnian rituals that we did at the holidays. My mother was very strict at Easter, on Good Friday and to this day, no matter what I am doing, when the 3 o'clock hour approaches, I stop whatever I am doing and I pray. I am and always have been very emotional at the suffering and death of Christ. Although I know how horrifying it must have been for Him to suffer and die for us, I am ashamed when I slip in my faith because He died for all sinners. Something the world would be wise to learn and know . If everyone believed these truths the world would be a more calm, kind and gentle world. God loves all so any nonsense you have been told otherwise by mere humans, is a simple bold faced lie.

"This is my commandment, that you love each other, just I have loved you." John 15:12

2. Are you satisfied with your spiritual life or could it be better? What do/will you do to make it better?
It could always be better. As human we slip, we fall, we fail. I try really hard to pray all throughout my day. I have a list of people I pray for daily and at night. I was just telling my husband I feel so guilty as I often fall into peaceful sleep while praying at night. He said, but what a beautiful way to fall asleep. The late Mary Crowley was a champion for Christ. He was her only friend as a young child when her father remarried after her mother's death, moved away and had a step mother that was not nice to her at all. Cruel was more of what I think she was, but Mary said she would walk into the woods and talk to Jesus and He became her friend. On her deathbed Mary Crowley was witnessing for Jesus. I want to be like Mary Crowley. She always said, stop fretting and go to sleep. Give all your troubles to God, He is going to be up all night anyway! My friend Pam from our encouragmenet group is a remarkable Christian woman.  She has encouraged me many times to chose a word and search it in the bible. I love this. It is such a good way to get answers to questions I have. My husband is very knowledgable of the bible and he researched all the tribes of Israel. He has maps and knows so much about the Book of Revelations. I am amazed at his love for the Lord and I strive to be better, like he is about studying in the Word. I don't brag on my prayer time but I have a rule I learned from my dad. When his borther passed away too young and left my aunt widowed with five children, my dad made sure she and the kids had everything they needed. He did this until the day he passed away. My aunt was an excellent cook and pastry chef. Self taught. She worked with two of my mom's sisters and my at the time, future mother-in-law ( I did not know my husband at that point). I met him 2 years later. But my MIL Ritsa had comments I would make a wodnerful wife for her son. heeheehee...So my dad always took care of the widows in our phamily and I learned from the Book of James, that my dad covered that book, word for word and lived it outright. I keep a list of widows and widowers and I pray nightly for these ladies and gentlemen. I always pray I can be more like my dad was. I will talk to anyone who wants to listen to God's Word and I Pray for everyone I meet. There are other things my husband and I do but we don't make a big deal about it as we aren;'t looking for earthly recognition. We are trying hard to be good stewards to the Lord.

"Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interest of others." Philippians 2:4

3. What are you busy with today? WIll it matter in 1 year? 3 years? 5 years?

I don't plan far into the future. I hope anything I do today will give someone a push in the right direction, to know and love and serve the Lord God Almighty. My busy work, being on the computer, reading, paying bills, won't matter much down the road. It is hard enough to remember what we had for dinner last night (Mexican food) so I try to take life one day at a time. 

"Be kind to one and other, compassionate, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32 


4. Do you serve others in life? How do you do that? 

I sure try. I met a lady with her two daughters at the Dollar Tree on Friday. They had moved here from Oklahoma and did not know anyone. I wish I Had handed her my phone number as we were fast friends, chatting about all the people with cardboard signs on the streets and we talked about the way of the world, she was black, I am white. We talked about how we all need to be respectful of each other. She said I am always respectful, teach my kids to be that way, but if someone hurt one of my children, we laughed out loud! That "Mama Bear" mentality struck a chord in both of us. My friend Sharon was probably smiling down on me laughing, saying that only Anne would go out and try to find a new strong willed black girlfriend, like she was to me! I have been praying about Bonnie, that I will see them again at the shopping center where we were. I think being kind is a good way to help others. Sometime I see young mom's struggling with kids, and I remember those days. I love to talk with people. Sometime someone's just needing a kind smile, a hello or a helping hand with a door. I don't say much about helping people monetarily, but I have this sense and push from God that says, hand over that five dollar bill you have in your purse. Things like that. I stopped in a brutal snowstorm once , taking donations to  the thrift store. I saw a young man walking into the strong wind , and he had no jacket. I pulled off the road, waited for him to catch up with my old blue mini van we had back then and I handed him a coat my husband donated and some gloves and a hat. I said you need this more than we do. He was grateful. Today the world is a bit more negative, just in the past 2 years really. So I am more caution but I feel like God will put that person in front of  me that I should help.  He never fails us, never. 

"Therefore, encourage one and other, and build one and other up, just as you also are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

One final thought: I am praying I find my friend Bonnie but at least I know the area where she lives. So this is for Bonnie:

"Trust in the Lord with  all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding." 3:5 Proverbs 
 


I found this at Pinterest. Tea time anytime is good for me. I hope you enjoy tea too.

Somedays Maxine has no patience and it appears today is one of those days. C'mon Maxine, get happy on Tuesday!

Great confusions are still unresolved

1. At a movie theatre,  which armrest is yours?

2. If people evolved from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?

3. Why is there a "D" in fridge but not in  refrigerator?

4. Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?


Hoping your week is off to a great start. Stop by and say hello to all those happy people today,

8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

NOW, my week IS getting off to a good start! I LOVE LOVE LOVE things to ponder. We both laughed and laughed. And the difference between teas is so interesting. Makes me want to go out and buy some clotted cream.

Cloudia said...

Excellent puzzle yucks!

Sandee said...

Love them all, but #9 was fabulous.

Maxine is right about crossword puzzles. She cracks me up.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Great and fun ponderings ~ LOL ~ Maxine always gets it right ~ Xo

Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A creative Harbor)

pilch92 said...

Very interesting. I have wondered about monkeys. :) XO

messymimi said...

Thanks for the smiles!

Kathe W. said...

I love Maxine! Thanks for all the giggles!

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. Maxine has some funny comics. those questions at the end are funny. 11. I'd say the left arm rest is mine, even though I want both..haha.