Sunday, April 24, 2022

Aw...Mondays and Love is...

 Aw....Mondays


Did you know that Garfield has been around since 1978? His creator Jim Davis grew with 25 cats.  I am guessing he  was a cat lover. He wanted to do something to break  away from the dominant dog comic market. At the height of his daily comic in most newspapers across the country,  he gained 200 million readers who grew to love his comical, cartoon cat.

Garfield is a lazy cat. He loves to eat, especially lasagna. He is grumpy too and he loves to torment the poor dog, Odie. 



Garfield has been quite a celebrity. He made two movies .  He worth a tidy sum of money as well.

I don't mind Monday's  but Garfield hates them! I think someone should make him some lasagna.

Love is... always knows...

"And it is not obvious that, just as it is a crime to disturb the peace when truth reigns , it is also a crime to remain at peace when the truth is being destroyed." Blaise Paschal   

Enjoy your Monday. The month is nearly gone and we are hopeful for some May flowers in place of all the cold and wind we have had.

A reminder I do have the correct mailing address for Lavoice is anyone wishes to send her a card. She is in assisted living and not having anyone to talk with or send cards, her niece said she is sad. email me 53strait@gmail.com for her address there, thank you,  when she blogged her blog was called Thoughts from Mimi's Corner. 


12 comments:

Terra said...

Garfield is a fascinating cat and a rich one too.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

It is amazing, love in the air.

The Feminine Energy said...

The last couple days were fairly warm here & now today it's chilly. But at least it's not winter. I wonder how many cats were named Garfield after this silly but wonderful orange one?! :-) ~Andrea xoxo

Sandee said...

Love Garfield. That was my kind of cat.

Yesterday it was 80 degrees here, windy.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Love is what it is all about ~ Xo


Wishing you laughter and love in your day,

A SutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

pilch92 said...

I love Garfield. XO

R's Rue said...

Garfield is so fun.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I remember Garfield. He was always a pretty cool cat! I will pray for your friend who is lonely. I don't think I ever read her blog before. I hope you have a lovely week.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Always got such a kick out of Garfield! I'll have to look up those movies when Virginia visits with us this June.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend being lonely; I'll email you so you can give me her address.
Blessings!

messymimi said...

Garfield is sometimes quite funny, and he also had an animated Saturday morning cartoon show my children loved.

Have a blessed week!

Ms Donyarific said...

Garfield is my favorite read in comic strips, then I watch a little while my then little boys watch the Garfield cartoons :) He is quite a character, and uniquely hilarious!

Sandee said...

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs. ♥