Friday, April 8, 2022

F R I D A Y

 

Prayers up that we are nearing the end of the internet fiasco. So come visit Feline Friday and share your favorite feline with us.


Today is the day that is very bittersweet for me MLB Opening Day. I can see my mom holding that remote in her hand and switching channels, finding the next big league game on TV. Dad taught me everything I know about baseball and life . My dad was a Yankee's man. It was a difficult day April 5th, his anniversary passing to his forever heavenly home for me. The same day my Boston Red Sox t shirt arrived. I ordered a yellow shirt with blue lettering. My dad would be so mad that I did this! So forgive me dad, but Trevor Story is the newest Red Sox and he is different breed from all the wokeness in the sports world and our world in general. Please forgive me dad, but I have to stand by a man with character. You would have loved him. He loves the game of baseball simply and with a pure heart. too. Just like you! Today the Yankees clobbered the Red Sox by 1 run! My Rockies are being hammered by the Dodgers, U G H ! But the Dodgers have Freddie Freeman.  Freddie, I am saying this with as much kindness as I can muster, You are not and never will be a player like Chipper Jones. He  loved baseball, he loved the fans and he did not care about the $$$$$$$! No one in baseball will ever forget Chipper Jones and that is not just the Atlanta Braves fans! It is the whole baseball system. 

"I'd like to be remembered by the way I went about doing my job." Goose Gossage, Colorado native and former NY Yankee relief pitcher.

Missing you on opening day dad.

Nothing else needs to be said about this statement. 

Friendly Fill In's

Ellen and Lorianne  Normally these two ladies do this blog hop together. As many of you know, Ellen lost her precious kitty Sammy so she is taking a small break. We are sad for the passing of Sammy but with the loss my friend Anne in Texas is experiencing, losing her boy Thackery, I can not help but think those two are enjoying romping  in the sunshine without pain or suffering anymore. It is hard for those left behind, but I like to think these feline fur babies are enjoying their new reward and truly missing those they left behind. Lorianne is hosting the fill in's today.

Fill In's:

1. I waste a of time on _______________.

2. At this very moment, I'm craving _________________.\

3. Don't _______________until you ______________.

4. _____________makes life interesting.

My answers:

1. I waste a lot of time trying to get better organized.

2. At this very moment, I'm craving Chantilly Cake.

3. Don't be negative and complain  until you have run out of gratitude (and you never should!).



4. Knowing different kinds of people makes life itneresting. 


Pink Saturday I caught a photo of this pink VW Bug while my sweetheart was driving. I also caught that pink and blue sky capture. I love sky shots.



7 comments:

Kathe W. said...

Great post. I had to add https:// to your link to make it secure. Take care.

Mari said...

We are not baseball watchers, but I have to stand behind the man with character too.
Our daughter and family lost their sweet dog last week. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

Sandee said...

I know your father was a huge influence on your loving baseball. Wonderful. Many athletes are in it for the money. Period. What really gets me about sports folks is their need to be political. Turns me off.

I hope you have your internet issues resolved and if not, soon.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect weekend. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Mevely317 said...

My answers? #1 - social media; #2 - a good night's sleep; #3 - have children/have the emotional maturity to care for them; and #4 - Challenges

PS - I've never heard of Chantilly Cake, but will go ask GG (aka, Google Girl).

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I remember Chipper Jones. We lived in his hometown of Pierson, FL. So he was pretty special to that small town. We used to enjoy watching baseball, but not as much anymore. Not sure why. My hubby just kind of lost interest. Sports have changed so much in the past several years. Things have gotten too political everywhere and that spoiled the games. Anyway, I know you are missing your Daddy. My daddy will be gone 11 years on April 19th. It doesn't seem possible.
God bless you my friend. (((hugs)))

pilch92 said...

Mister Kitty is so cute. Thank you for mentioning my Sammy, I miss him so much. Excellent answers to the fill-ins.I agree there is always something to be thankful for. XO

messymimi said...

Your father is in a place where he understands, no worries.

Taking time to count blessings or be grateful will make every day a better day.