Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Happy Tuesday and Maxine Cracks Me Up Tuesday4 Wordless Wednesday

 Happy Tuesday


This is a good way to catch a S M I L E !


Pink and Blue Skies. I have files filled with sky shots. H A P P Y!


Maxine will always makes us laugh out loud. I prefer staying in hotels on vacation. I don't like to put anyone out.  Maxine may be just a tad nosey. hahahaha But she sure makes me H A P P Y !

Tuesday4

BLAST FROM THE PAST

1. If you had 1 million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on?

I would buy  a beautiful home with lots of land and lots of animals so I could entertain anyone who would need a place to get away too. I just don't think I could spend it on myself alone. It needs to spread joy to others. A home in the mountains because I love my home state of Colorado for it's natural beauty. This might be a place I would love to share with others.  This log cabin home would be perfect although thr larger home would accomodate more guests!



2. You can do it again. What decade are you going back to and why? What's the attraction?

Definetly the 1960's. People believed in our country, we fought for what was right and everything seemed almost ideal. The music was the best there was. Prices for homes were low and cars were more durable and made with USA American made steel. We believes in our beautiful USA. People cared about each other. No one had their cell phones in their hand with their heads hang over them. Life seemed more exciting and we were boys and girls when we went to school. We were raised well and were not allowed to bully or not be kind. I miss that so much. Today is such a self centered world. It is Me! Me! Me! Children bury their faces in lap tops and video games. We played outdoors We were healthy. Everyone knew everybody on their block and in my neighborhood,  everyone knew your name. Many mom's stayed home and raised us, and those that could not, had a phamily of relatives, usually grandma's and auntie's who helped.  We were raised with faith, phamily and R E S P E C T! We had good manners. My, how times have changed!

 I loved my 1972 canary yellow Dodge Dart. Although I can not find a photo of my first car that I worked hard to pay for, I do have one of my hand-me-down  Chevy Impala my brother gave me with a 327 engine . It was fire engine red with a white hard top and two door.  It was a cool car.  This is an ancient picture but boy I loved driving this car. Life in the 60s was more simple and cars were classics.

3. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Alternatively, what's your current favorite? song?
Hanging out with toddlers songs like "Baby Shark" and "I Love You, You love Me", those songs stick in my head. One of my all time favorite songs is "Blessed Assurance" and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands". I love Blessed Assurance because although she was bed ridden and blind it is one of the many hymns Fanny Crosby wrote during her lifetime. He's Got the Whole World, was a childhood memory that will forever be in my mind. I loved knowing that God was so big, He could actually hold all of us in His hands! I am a music lover although I have zero musical talent. My auntie Ang taught me the words to "Que Sera Sera" by Doris Day.  I often think of her and Doris Day and that beautiful song. Auntie Ang also taught me all about "The Phantom of the Opera". My dad loved Mario Lanza and Jim Reeves. Two entirely different types of music.  So it is hard to pick just one. 

4. What items do you miss from the past and wish they were still around?

Number one would be my parents and other loved ones. Although I would never want them to see the condition of our world today, I would love to sit and chat with them. I miss places like Furr's Cafeteria and Marie Callender's and wish they were still around. The food they served was so good and these places no longer exist here.There are some penny candy treats I would love to have like candy shaped like watermelon slices that we could purchase at Bollinger's Confectionary. That landmark is also long gone and soda fountains and Woolworth's Stores and their old fashioned lunchettes. Ah...those were the days...

Phantom Canyon Road
 


8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

My father always refused to stay with relatives while on vacation ... and I'm just like him.
I loved your responses to the Tuesday 4 questions soooo much. Yes, I'm right there with you on log cabins. Ditto every thought you said about the 60's, except I'd have added the 50's.

Have yourself a beauty-full day!

Sandee said...

Love the funnies. Maxine is my kind of gal.

Love that sky shot.

I want that first cabin. Beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug. ♥

The Feminine Energy said...

Yep... dittos on it all, my friend. ~Andrea xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite here is your gorgeous sky!!! I agree about the 60's!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

We were less divided in the 60s, although there already was a pernicious under current in academia that would eventually bring us to the slippery slope we now find our society on. Never would I have thought that those of us who follow Jesus, who love our country and who stand up for free speech would be targeted for persecution and silenced by big tech.
Blessings, Anne!

Mari said...

That is a beautiful sky!
Maxine is always funny.
I would go for the big log cabin away from everyone too.

messymimi said...

Those were the days, you're right.

Maxine is a riot, and i agree with you, it wouldn't be worth spending that much on myself, i'd want to share.

Jeanette said...

I totally agree about the 60's. Those were such better days! I also miss my parents but am glad they are not seeing what is going on in the world right now. Especially my dad and what's happening in this country. He was a very proud Korean vet.