Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 

Thankful Thursday


Thinking about being thankful each moment of everyday. Our world has turned upside down and things are only going to become more difficult. I prefer prayer instead of scare! But that is just me! 


I like to be thankful because I still have many blessings to be grateful for. I think about adding these simple blessings up each day and it helps me not concern myself with the ways of the world. I think if more folks turned off the TV and stopped believing all the scary world views, they would be happier. I know people dealing with their own struggles,  job loss, health problems, that live for the bad news. You have to realize, this is just to keep the people in line. I have never been much of a follower and I sure don't want to start now. I am happier beleieving something better than this will be coming my way.

If more of us stopped all the scary stuff, the hateful junk, the bullying and mean things we could be a combined H U G E difference in our own homes and even our communities. Think about that next time the news sends you into turning a smile into a frown. I like this quote attributed to Tom Brokaw. He grew up in the same small town as my uncle Tom B. They grew up in Yankton, South Dakota. My Uncle Tom had a wonderful outlook on life. He was always smiling, making others laugh or trying to make them feel more comfortable. He was a solid person, with a big heart and a kindness you don't  always find. I sure miss him and the great stories he always shared of his childhood. 


It is a tiny photo but that is my mom's baby sister Jo and Uncle Tom on their wedding day. He was in the Army Air Corp. (WWII). Many years after their wedding in the Catholic church, they found out that the priest who married them left the church to get married. Auntie Jo told Uncle Tom, do you think we have been living in sin all these years? I am a thankful person as I had all these wonderful people in my life. It made it so much better.


I am very thankful at day's end, my blessing exceed my problems. 


Ellen and Lorianne share in the hosting duties of this fun blog hop. They each select two of the sentences to complete. I hope you eill come join the fun. I will share my answers to these tomorrow:

1. I plan to ________________these last few days of August.

2. I am a ________________.

3. _________________is proving difficult these days.

4. Have I ever told you about that time that I ___________________?

THANKFUL THURSDAY

6 comments:

The Feminine Energy said...

Sometimes it's perfectly alright to bury our head in the sand and not look at all the evil happening around us. Sometimes. But I believe we must be aware of what's going on in order to facilitate change... and to advocate for those who need to be physically advocated for.

I don't know if you know this or not but we did foster care for newborns via Catholic Family Service. They would get a call from the hospital about a baby being voluntarily surrendered for adoption and then CFS would call one of us foster families for the pick up. We'd pick up the baby when it was discharged from the hospital and bring him/her home to our house. We've love & nurture him/her until their new adoptive family could be found... anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months or so.

We did this to put "action" where our hearts & prayers were. It wasn't enough to picket an abortion clinic and when a woman changed her mind about getting an abortion, pat her on the back... tell her you were proud of her... tell her you'd pray for her... and then be on your way. NO, she needed MORE than that.

I think it's the same with all "bad news". It's simply not enough to turn your head away and say "I'll pray for you." Jesus didn't do that and I don't think we should either.

Just my opinion.

~Andrea xoxoxoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

I do like Tom Brokaw. Cannot remember if he is still alive, though. Giving thanks brings joy!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Prayer instead of scare . . . I love that, Anne! Yes, I've found that there is much to be gained by cultivating a Gratitude Attitude. Life becomes more positive, even when all the world seems to be falling apart. We can look around and count our blessings in spite of it all.
May God bless you!

R's Rue said...

Thank you for blessing me today. Have a wonderful day full of joy, hope and love. Hugs my friend.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thankfulness and kindness really needs to be front and center for all. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

messymimi said...

Our blessings are always bigger, thank you for the reminder.