Sunday, August 15, 2021

SONday Morning Thoughts

 

My husband and I had a delightful breakfast early this morning and on the way home, we had a serious conversation. We were stopped in the park to let a gaggle of geese cross the road. He was saying that we are the generation that has seen all the biblical predictions right before our eyes and yet as a generation of people who are stubborn or unbelieving or just not interested in what grand happening is coming our way. We live our lives as if nothing is going to happen. I know not everyone believes in God as an almighty powerful being but I do and I am looking upward and waiting on His return.

Matthew 24: 32-35 "Now learn this lesson fromt he fig tree; As soon as its twigs get tender and it's leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away, until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away , but my words will never pass away."

Luke 21:26-28 "men fainting from fear and the expectation of things which are coming upon the world; for the powersof heaven will be shaken . Then they will see The Son Of Man Coming In A Cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up  and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.  "

This is simply how I believe and everyday I pray for His return.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, the world seems to be getting more and more evil and this is all predicted in the Bible!

The Feminine Energy said...

What beautiful words & thoughts! ~Andrea xoxo

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Amen, Anne! Come, Lord Jesus!

messymimi said...

While i pray all my family will turn to Him before he comes, if they don't, i have to follow Him no matter what because He matters more. May He come to reign in glory soon!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Me too., I am so ready.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely picture of your sister. Happy Anniversary to her and her husband. I'm sure you miss her dearly. I also love the verse on your post below, "keep your lamp filled with oil." That's a special one.

Have a good rest of the week.

~Sheri

*thank you for your concern with the fires in California. They are terrible, but I continue to pray. : )