Wednesday, August 11, 2021

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 Thankful Thursday


I have had such a time with my sinuses and allergies. Since September 2019! It seems nothing works anymore. But I am like this crazy smiling kitty, I say Good Morning! Have a nice Day! Thankful!


I loved the Monkees when I was a young teen. In fact my friend Bobbie from California and I met three of them, Peter Tork, Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz at their hotel in Pueblo, Colorado before they performed at the Colorado State Fair. We baked them a chocolate cake! Times were different back then. Today you could not afford the show ticket much less meet the star of the show. ButPeter Tork who passed away in 2019 was a punster. I followed him on his Facebook page. It is still carried on by people who worked for him and they found this one. It is terribly dry but silly and lighthearted just the same. Thankful. 


There is always a smart one in the bunch. They others are just greedy for bacon hahahaha Rose, Nick's cat was always very leery of snacks that we bribed her with. She knew a pill was hiding inside. Nick could get her to take her meds, when she was diagnosised with kidney disease. Jeremy's girl Stella, she woud eat whatever we gave her. If she needed medication, She was an easy target to hide that pill. Heeheehee, She is still bringing joy to Jeremy, sleeping by his side while he works in his office. She is a sweetheart. Thankful




9 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I loved the Monkees, too, when I was a kid, and I can't believe you were able to meet them in person. Wow! That had to be a thrill. Loved all your cute memes today - brought a smile to my face.
Blessings!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Cute pictures...I loved them all. And I loved the Monkees back in the day too. How cool that you got to meet them! I wonder if they ate the cake? Hope you have a fun day today. Blessings to you...

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were funny! How cool you met 3/4 of the Monkees, we were fans too. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Ginny Hartzler said...

As a teenager, I loved the Monkees! I had their albums, and watched all their shows. I believe two are still alive; Mickey and Mike. Our cats would eat the pill pocket and spit out the pill inside.

Timmy Tomcat said...

The Monkee's meh. Now The Kinks. There was a band. Then again I guess I am a bit kinky, more in the olden sense that is.
Yeah I feel like that kitty some days too MOL

The Feminine Energy said...

I loved the Monkees too and then oldest daughter did after me. We went to several concerts and met them as well. For one concert there was 3 generations of us who went: me, oldest daughter, and oldest granddaughter. Fun stuff!! And yes, concert tickets are horrendous these days. What a shame. ~Andrea xoxoxo

messymimi said...

The Monkees were a fun group.

We've had some cats that would eat anything if you put it in a pill pocket, and some that won't touch a treat if they even remotely suspect a pill. All so different, aren't they.

Susan said...

Hello Anne....I enjoyed seeing photos and reading about your family. Thank you SO MUCH for your visits to Writing Straight from the Heart and your comments, too. Your last comment on Garden of the Gods was also appreciated. Colorado is a very beautiful state. The Broadmoor? Oh my GOOODNESS. What a place. I'll never stay in another like it as long as I live. It was so magnificent. Holy moly. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Please visit again (and again). Hugs. Susan

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your two memes made me smile.