Friday, August 27, 2021

Feline Friday and More


I am no good at making collages and editing photos but this google image caught my eye. A beach with pink and foamy, wavy water. That would be something to see. 

I have spent my days praying and after the sad news of all the loss of life in the Middle East, I had to turn off for the day. I listened to calming music and read more. There is no turning back to what is coming so I am thinking of all those loved ones lost. I like to think God just scooped them up in HIs loving arms and took them to heaven.

There is so much encouragement in the bible.

 Feline Friday

Some felines have the life of Riley....just like a lazy bones sleeping and dreaming and doesn't care But at least he is not under my feet.


Noelle on her wedding day 08 27 2000. Happy Anniversary to Noelle & Roger/, 21 years of marriage. They have stuck together through thick and thin. 


Very happy to see Noelle and Roger making their marriage strong. They have three kids, 11 grands. Life is good.

My mom was so little and frail. But she was at their wedding 21 years ago.  My goodness, it seems like yesterday it all happened.

A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney


Here are my answers to yesterday's questions:

1. I plan to enjoy these last few days of August with my husband and kids.

2. I am a daughter of the King, Jesus Christ.

3. Believing anything you hear in this world is proving difficult these days. 

4. Have I ever told you about the time I gave a ride to a little Indian lady that escaped from the hospital next door to my office? They wanted to admit her, to be fair, she had been drinking. But it was cold and snowy outside and I was heading home for lunch. The Good Lord basically whispered in my ear to pick her up and get her food. She was upset, because her mom had passed away at that hospital and she did not want to stay there. So I bought her lunch, gave her bus money and waited for her at the bus stop. She was grateful, called me an angel and I told her to behave herself.  It wasn't the first experience I had with someone who was getting into mischief because of drinking. I worked the second shift at the University Hospital Admissions office. We had to deal with lots of situations and people and it gave me something to remember by  helping  someone who at the moment, could not help themselves.


The sum which two married people owe to one another defies calculation. It is an infinite debt, which can only be discharged through eternity. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

2 Perfect communion, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight.
Angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love. [Refrain]

3 Perfect submission, all is at rest.
I in my Savior am happy and bless’d,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love. [Refrain]

4 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Yes, a good and lasting marriage doesn't just happen, you do have to work at it to make it special, Anne. And I love that hymn! Now, I'll have that tune running through my head all day, and that's a good thing.
Have a blessed weekend!

Sandee said...

Love the pink water. The sun must have been just right to for this.

Love the cat. Most cats have the life of Riley.

I quit listening to the news and social media long ago. Best thing I ever did. Awful.

♪♫Happy Anniversary to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Anniversary to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Anniversary Dear Noelle and Roger, ♪♫
♪♫Happy Anniversary to you.♪♫

Love the picture with your mom.

Oh your fill-ins and especially #4. Bless you.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous weekend, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The pink hue from the sky is beautiful.

messymimi said...

Wishing this wonderful couple many happy returns of their anniversary.

Thank you for the beautiful post, and your constant reminders to stay fixed on what is important.