Monday, July 17, 2023

Tuesday4/Happy Tuesday and Maxine Cracks Me Up

 Tuesday4

BOOKWORM

Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we try and challenge you to think , discover and make new friends through blogging.

1.  Did any book besides the bible have an impact on your life or beliefs? I read a few autobiographies that made me really sad. One was about a famous Chinese actress  Anna May Wongin the 1930's. The racism was horrendous in San Francisco. Also the Joe DiMaggio autobiography. They were poor and the treatment the Italian immigrants received was also horrible. I do love my bible because I know all the truth in there is not sugar coated or fake. It is and always will be my favorite book. 

2.  What books influenced you as a young person.?

Profiles in Courage. I don't think we have had any presidents as courageous as he was. in many years  War is hard and yes I enjoy reading history.  Attending Catholic school I enjoyed reading the bios of the various saints. Their stories were always sad and yet I learned so much from them. A friend, who was a Lutheran once tried to school me on Saint Anne. She is the mother of the Blessed Mother and therefore I know her whole story. It was just funny. No one read the stories of saints like Catholics when I was a kid. 

3.  Do you continue educating yourself by reading books or listening to podcasts or lectures? I still read. Today I love lighter material but not any podcasts. I don't think I have attended a lecture since my college days. 

4.  Have you ever sat in a coffee shop/restaurant/cafe  reading a book?  What is your preferred place to read? No , not really. I usually would go to a coffee shop to met up with friends and chat and catch up with them. I do like to read in a quiet space and drink ice tea or lemonade in the warm months and hot tea in the cold months. 

Happy Tuesday

Somethings that make me happy:


Although it is required to eat this Coca Cola Cake with vanilla ice cream. I am having a small slice early in the morning with my tea. and a few fresh strawberries. I made it last night and it is delectable. When my grandson paid nearly $6 for a slice to home to Jacey I said I have all the ingredients, I can make a whole cake for $6! It made me happy!


Memories and my Happy Phamily, old memories, new memories, I love them all because I am happiest when I am with them or when I see them. 


Can't forget some of our favorite pets. I need to organize my photos better. Sigh....



Maxine says it well. 


11 comments:

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

You are not older than you feels like

Mari said...

I love to read, and when I was a kid, could often be found reading.
Your cake looks good!
That Maxime comic is so true!

Mevely317 said...

Funny about the coffee shop question. Whenever I find myself in a public place, I'm more interested in people watching (or eavesdropping, haha) rather than closing myself off in a book.
That cake looks wonderful!

Sandee said...

Love your Q & A. Always insightful.

I ate your cake and it was very good. Way cheaper too.

Love the funnies and the furbabes. So precious.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Hugs. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Kahlil Gibran's book the Prophet had major impact and still has ~ and books and reading are my favorite past time ~

Maxine is always fun and lol ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Lori said...

I like to read lighter material at this point in my life also. I love your pictures! I love reading. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Sandi Magle said...

I found it really interesting when recently the internet published the top 100 banned books, I had read all but one. Seriously, most of them were on my college-bound reading list in the 1960's.

Probably one of the most profound classes and books I read was during a a 'Black Literature' class I took in 1969. Our world was a hotbed of riots and protests. OUR South African (escaping apartheid) instructor (white) was amazing and opened all of our eyes and hearts to the plight of other races, world issues, as well as how we are privileged whites.
Not just one book has made me who I am, but ALL!


Martha Jane Orlando said...

Reading is one of my passions, Anne. I love a quiet place, too.
Blessings!

Annie said...

I still read the stories of the saints. When I was a little girl St. Theresa was my favorite and there was a song out called Theresa the Little Flower that I loved.
I would love that cake.. thats all I know.

pilch92 said...

Always nice to learn more about you through questions. Great photos. XO