Sunday, July 16, 2023

Aw...Monday's Love is...Sparks


 

 Aw...Mondays
My brother Bill and his wife Joyce have been married for 60 years this month. Their children and grandchildren surprised them with a wonderful brunch yesterday and what a beautiful day it was. Zach and Rebekah and our Nick joined Avery and I as well as our Noelle. We had a splendid time and it was wonderful to visit with many relatives we have not seen in  quite a while.  Joyce and Bill looked surprised as their grandson Nick brought them into the brunch. We were able to step out onto the patio area and take many photos with  the beautiful foothills of Golden, Colorado in the backdrop after visiting and eating all the delicious food on the brunch. Stories were told and it was a beautiful day. Rebekah was able to catch a photo with her aunt and uncle as she spent some time with them several months ago to get some childhood memories. Avery and I were happy to pose with my big brother and beautiful sister-in-law. 

The day was filled with so many good memories and I found this meme and wanted to share it:

This touched my heart. I had my parents on my mind all day. They both had large phamilies and we often spent many special moments with them during my childhood.  I know my folks were shining down on us from heaven along with our son-in-law Roger and my niece Carrie's husband John. They were sorely missed by all.  The values I was raised with stick with me. I enjoyed the company of those we spent time with yesterday and also thought about how proud my mom and dad would be seeing everyone together.


Make the effort to try to be with those you grew up with. Those who love you even when you may think they don't. It was a blessing for me to see everyone, to chat with my nephew Rudy who I babysat long ago and to meet his four children. It was nice to see my sister-n-laws younger brother Bud and his precious wife Anne Marie. She is special to me because we both share the same given name. Having my other big brother Ed and his wife Cheri, my soul sister there along with three of our five children was a real treat. Ed and Cheri celebrated 54 years of marriage in June. Makes my heart happy.

Joyful moments, beautiful blessings, making memories.
 


Noelle takes excellent photos and I still need to check with Rebekah and Zach to get there copies too. What a fun day. 


love is...knows my heart.....




Sparks...




8 comments:

XmasDolly said...

I wish my family was still around like this. They're all gone now & all I have left is a gazillion cousins. hahahaha We don't get together like we use to though. We have really spread out, but I guess my kids, grandchildren & great grandchildren will have to do! hahahahaha Have a great day!

My GBGV Life said...

Love the quote. Mom says her brother is very different from her, but also the same which fits that quote. 60 years is huge and amazing and really should be celebrated. 54 years is nothing to sneeze at either. How wonderful.

Mari said...

What a wonderful event! 60 years is a great accomplishment. GLad you were able to go and spend time with all of them.

Mevely317 said...

Wonderful memes you've chosen, Anne! I love how y'all love one another.

Sandee said...

You're right about those roots.

I love all the shots of your family and what a wonderful way to celebrate. Beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Big hug. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Oh you are blessed with so many family members and what a delightful time with them and great photos ~

Great quote too.

Had trouble commenting ~ hope this goes through~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Sadly, most of my family members no longer live near us, so we rarely get to see them. I'm so happy for you to have had this sweet reunion, Anne.
Blessings!

pilch92 said...

Congrats to Bill and Joyce! Nice photos and wonderful spark. XO