Monday, January 2, 2023

Tea Time Tuesday ,Tuesday4 ,Happy Tuesday and Maxine Cracks Me Up

 Tea Time Tuesday

I talked about cream puffs before and we found  some delightful cream puffs at the store for Thanksgiving. I always say I want to make them. With the cold wintry weather, I am more interested in making raspberry scones. I love raspberries so much and even add them to my Wild Child tea. Y U M !


 

We have had a few nice days as the sun comes up later and stays high in the sky keeping us warmer. But when it goes down, the tea kettle is boiling and hot tea is a must.  Lately I love decaf Earl Grey and always Wild Child Blueberry.  I like to add a spoonful of  honey along with a few fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, to my tea while it is steeping. It makes a wonderful cup of tea.

In the colder months Avery still loves his coffee, currently Kaui Vanilla Macademia. But in the evening he likes a cup of peppermint tea. At bedtime he has Sleepy Time Tea and I have Mint Sleepy Time Tea. 

I have lots of beautiful tea cups and many of them, given to me by friends and loved ones make the tea experience a memorable one.


Love these little storybooks about tea. I have many, It is funny, the three grands who love tea and tea parties are Michael and Brody and Blake. I think when Shea and Ella are a bit older they will love them too. Shea does have a talking tea pot. Here is a sweet poem from the Take a Little Time for Tea

I like to tie Happy Tuesday to Tea Time Tuesday . I hope you like this little sweet poem.

Welcome to Tuesday4. I did not have the pleasure to know Toni Taddeo but she has some wonderful friends who have kept up this blog hop in her memory. 

Happy New Year and now let's see what is in store for the first share in January 2023.

January is named for Janus the two faced god who looked into the future and the past. Some believe he was Noah who may be worshipped by by his progeny. He certainly looked into the pre flood and the new world.  The Anglo Saxons called this month Wolfsmoanth. Let's talk about January.

1. January 1, 1892 Ellis Island opened it's doors. Did any of your relations enter the United States through Ellis Island? If not, do you know your family history?
My maternal grandmother came through Ellis Island and I have a copy of the ship's manifest which shows her signature. She had $10 that was given to her by her father. Her story is my favorite. 

2. January's birthstone is garnet and the flower, carnation. Do you have a favorite gemstone and flower?
I love sapphires and emeralds as well as diamonds. Roses, Gerber daisies and snapdragons are flower favorites and the calla lily.

3. January 6 is  Epiphany. Many take that day as the final celebration of Christmas. What about you?
In honor of my late mother, born on January 4 and the fact that we left our Christmas decor up until the 6th of January when I was a child, yes, I love my lights from the tree so we leave it up. Also the Stock Show comes to town in January in Denver so many businesses leave their lights on until the Stock Show leaves. If I had a bigger home I would leave my tree up all year long and just switch decorations on it for each month. 

4. There is some evidence that January can set the tone for your entire year. What do you think of it? Do you make resolutions, etc.?

Today felt that way with much sadness. But my trust and hope is in Jesus Christ. So I don't do resolutions.  I pray and pray harder. We are aware what is happening and we trust God, not the world.


I want to be like Maxine somedays, this is one of those days! Maxine makes Happy Tuesday for me today!

I have added prayer requests. Prayers for Marydon, Edna, Tracy, Reid, Jasmine and all those suffering illness or loss. 

While watching the first quarter of a play off game  in the NFL between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills, a Bills player, Damar Hamlin was critically injured during a hit. He is in a Trauma One hospital in Cincy in critical condition.  Never in the history of the NFL has this happened and they postponed the game. Neither team was in any way prepared to continue the game. Prayers are greatly needed. I know everyone personally  on my prayer list except Reid and Damar. This means very much to me. Thank you,

"Where there are two or three gathered together in my name, I am there among them. " Matthew 18:20





7 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm not a fan of tea and only have two cups of coffee in the morning. I'm a water kind of gal. Hubby loves his tea and usually has green tea.

I love Maxine. She's a hoot.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Mari said...

I just heard about the football player. That is scary and sad.

I like Maxine too. :)
I make chai tea in the winter. We also enjoy it in the evening.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I was watching a news show last night when they broke in with a headline about Demar's injury. We sure are praying for this young man!
Blessings, Anne!

Mevely317 said...

Wild Child tea ... lololol. Why do I think that suits you to a 'tee'? I finally found a tea flavor strong enough to satisfy -- Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.
Wasn't that awful about Damar Hamlin? We were watching the game and couldn't believe what we were seeing. Thank you for adding his name to the others; you always encourage me to be a better prayer warrior.

messymimi said...

Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon or evening! That's a precious tea poem.

Maxine is the best.

I am praying now for the people you've named.

R's Rue said...

I love a good cup of coffee.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Katie Isabella said...

Hi again! Good afternoon! I'm primarily a coffee person, but I love Earl Gray tea. And Russian cherry tea which I am unable to get any longer as it isn't sold to the general public, only European stores who order it. It is delicious. I miss having it here at the house.