Monday, September 5, 2022

Tuesday4

 


Tuesday4 

The "BER" months have begun,: September, October, November and December.

Let's talk about September, ok?

1. When you were in school or university, did you look forward to returning? Why or why not?  I attended college part time and lived at home as I attended the local state college which today is a university.  I loved being with my loved ones around the holidays, so I never went very far away from them. 

2. September has Labor Day, which for many is the signal of Summer's end and Falls grand entrance. Do you celebrate Labor Day or is it just another day off for you? Although I am retired, my husband still works 40 hour work weeks, so I am grateful for all those who still make it to their workplace, whether in a factory, an officer, their home or elsewhere.  We usually have a barbeque but  with 90 plus temps, we are not yet ready for Fall. We did see some trees todays that are showing their colors are changing from green to gold and red. In Colorado, we are usually surprised by the crazy weather patterns.

3. September's birthstone is  the Sapphire,  which is second only to the Diamond in hardness. (Ruby is   a red Sapphire by the way) It comes in many colors.  Do you know your birthstone and do you like it?  I am a December baby so my birthstone is Blue Topaz or Turquoise. I do love it because at age 16 my father bought me a beautiful 14k gold birthstone ring in a Marquis cut.

4. September's flower is  the Astor.  Do you know what  is yours ? My flower is Poinsettia, Holly, Narcissus or Orchid. They are all beautiful but as a child I did not like holiday birthday cakes and so my mother always made sure I had the prettiest flowers gracing my birthday cake.


Happy Tuesday


Aren't these "Purrito Kittens" just the cutest ever? 

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!



7 comments:

Sandee said...

I went to college locally too. I didn't want to be far from home either.

We don't celebrate Labor Day, but yesterday was Zane's birthday so we celebrated that.

I'm a Virgo so I'm a September baby.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Sending you love and hugs. ♥

Mari said...

My husband was working yesterday so I had a quiet day.
Your birthstone ring from your Dad sounds pretty.
Cute kittens!

Mevely317 said...

Both my son and a granddaughter have December birthdays, so I'm sure they've had more than a few holiday-theme cakes. (Oops!) I, too, was about 16 when my father bought me a pretty ring. I overheard mother saying, "She's too young for that!", but I treasure it still.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

My father's birthday was actually on Christmas Day. We always tried to make this an extra special celebration for him.
Blessings, Anne!

Andree said...

That's a wonderful introduction to September. Thank you.

pilch92 said...

Nice to learn more about you. How sweet that your dad bought you a birthstone ring. XO

messymimi said...

We love the "ber" months. That's news to me about a ruby being a red sapphire.