Monday, September 26, 2022

Tuesday4 and Happy Tuesday

 Autumn This and That

It's time again for Tuesday4 in memory of Toni Taddeo. it's founder and previous host. Thank you so much for joining in and keeping this alive. It is much appreciated.

It's Autumn and temperatures in many places  will be going down, days will be shorter and leaves will be falling down. 

Let's discuss these things.

1. Do lower temperatures bother you or make you uncomfortable and are you more of a warm climate person?

Oh these achy bones ache in the cold and if it is too hot my rosacea acts up. I would love to live in an ideal temperature for me, 55 to 70 degrees. But alas, I am a native Colorado girl so I deal with extreme heat and extreme cold. I am not sold on all the climate change or whatever sticker they stick on it today.  If Colorado wasn't doling out it's water to neighboring states we would not experience droughts. We get plenty of snow in the winter yet every year there are water restrictions. I can only speak for where I live and have lived my entire life. I like my weather medium cool. How is that for a simple answer? Maybe this will help:


 My hat is off to the state troopers. Seeing them on the highway this past weekend makes me pray harder for their safety. We think the accident we saw on an overpass going home was probably a fatal one and my heart goes to the men and women who deal with these type of tragic accidents.

2. Do you like the colors of Autumn  clothing wise do they look good on you?

I apologize for going off topic in question 1. I love Autumn colors and often like to wears browns, some goldens and burgundy and rust. I like to layer in the cooler months too so it is a good season for my wardrobe.

3. Would you rather...

     get lost in a corn maze or go on a hayride?

      visit an apple orchard or a pumpkin patch?

      eat a caramel apple or a candy apple?

      cinnamon buns or pumpkin muffins?

Go on a hayride always! Visit an apple orchard. we stop by the YaYa Orchard where you can pick apples and enjoy walking their grounds. It is a fun place to visit on the way to Estes Park. I use to love both a candy or caramel apple. I will occasionally eat a few caramels in the Autumn. I am a blueberry loving muffin gal. I do bake more in the cooler months so I think I will make a batch of cinnamon rolls. Thanks for the idea!

4. There are 7,500 varieties of apples. What is your favorite and do you like apple pie?

I love a Pink Lady, a Fuji or a Granny Smith. Avery my husband loves Red Delicious. We do eat apple pie. I like it with a slice of sharp cheddar. 

" Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a ruling rightly given. " Proverbs 25:11


Oh my Maxine, you said a mouthful here!

Happy Tuesday I hope you are happy and I hope you enjoyed this!

We are happy Roger returned home from the hospital yesterday. They had made a terrible error regarding his health and gave him some medication that made him horribly sick. Then they had to admit they screwed up! It is a sad world we live in, I am happy our daughter has a friend married to a doctor so she can get some truthful information from him. 

" I have chosen to be happy, because it is good for my health. " Voltaire



17 comments:

Joyful said...

I love all your graphic quotations today. Very appropriate. I too love Fall colours and I think they make a beautiful wardrobe. I bet yours is lovely for this time of year. I'm glad your husband is doing much better. It's good to have a doctor in the family circle of friends!

Gattina said...

I like a warm sunny weather, not too hot, but I really don't like fall or winter ! I wake up in spring !! I also agree with Maxine !

Susan said...

I enjoyed my visit here. I just got some cute fall themed Christian shirts.

Jodi said...

I have heard of others eating a piece of cheese with a slice of apple pie, but never understood why. Have a great Tuesday!

Mevely317 said...

First, I'm so glad Roger's home from the hospital -- out of danger from the wrong meds. That's so scary!
I'd no idea there were so many varieties of apples. (And now I want to know, who's counting and keeping records? lol) I'm not fond of fruit, but that's Tom's favorite pie. Caramel practically screams Autumn, doesn't it?

Katie Isabella said...

I love making your acquaintance and thank you for visiting Katie Isabella. XX BTW, I LOVE Fall and Spring the best...Winter next and Summer last.

I like Apple pie if tere is plenty of cinnamon. My fave is cherry or lemon though.

Sandee said...

I love Maxine and I can so relate to that quote. She rocks.

I don't like cold or hot. Somewhere in the middle would be perfect. Like 80 degrees and it rains often.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs. ♥

Cathy said...

Love the Maxine comic. Enjoyed reading your post.

carol l mckenna said...

Fun post and Maxine is always fun ~ Weather ~ I prefer Autumn the best but try to go with the flow ~ my body doesn't always listen as I age, though ~ Delight! Xo


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Mari said...

That was a fun one. I so appreciate our police too.
I like to wear autumn colors too.
Hayride - apple orchard - caramel apple (sounds good!) - cinnamon rolls!
I love honeycrisp apples.
Maxine is always funny.
So thankful to hear the report on Roger, sorry to hear what he went through though!

annie said...

Thanks for the giggles with Maxine. Voltaire was right, happiness fixes a lot of ailments.
Thanks for joining in!!

pilch92 said...

Nice to learn more about you. I love all things fall except pumpkin flavored stuff. My favorite apples are macs. XO

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. When I'm at work we are always hearing sirens (and I live in a small town)..it makes me pause and pray for whatever situation is drawing them out. I loved the maxine pic. Haha!

messymimi said...

Medium weather is the best weather.

Thanks for sharing the Maxine comic!

Schotzy said...

Loved this meme.. anytime I can focus non autumn, I am happy.. There is so much to love about it and I believe you touched on everything! HAHA The Maxine was too cute... God bless you in your endeavors and stay dry from Ian!!!

Gattina said...

Maxine says what I think too ! I don't like fall it's the entrance to winter and it's already cold although the trees are still green.

R's Rue said...

Apple picking for me. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com