Friday, July 2, 2021

Sunflowers

 

Did you know that the French word for Sunflower is tournesol? This word means turn toward the sun. Several years ago I was in a flower/vegetable seed exchange. My partner sent me sunflower seeds and told me the sweetest story. When she was a child she said her father told her that sunflowers always look toward the sun and she needed to keep her eyes upward to the Son of Man. I have never had luck with sunflowers and have tried planting them many times. I know they are the state flower of my neighbors to the East in Kansas. I love the story of the sunflower and I also love this Scripture:

" Then Jesus spoke to them again saying , "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in the darkness , but will have the light of life." John 8:12


I carry this thought with me wherever I go today. I know God will not allow the world to continue for much longer. I feel He will send Jesus and begin a new heaven on earth.


A phamily dinner, minus Nick, when we were all together during the Mother's Day weekend. Counting down the hours til Hannah's birthday officially arrives, at 1 A.M. July 3.


When Hannah and Jake were married in 2019, we were estatic. Hannah was usually quiet, sometime reserved and she was so happy when she and Jake became serious. It was a dream come true. They were perfect for each other. They lvoe the same things and enjoy traveling together. We are grateful to have Jake in our phamily and we love our Hannah girl dearly too.


These two are so perfect together.


We had a wonderful brunch on Mother's Day at Jeremy & Brittany's new home. Sisters with their mother.


Sisters and if you look closely at the 2 photos Noelle and I have excellent taste, we were wearing the same dress on Mother's Day.


Nick and Hannah at his field day a long time ago. Check out those hiking boots Nick was wearing. What memories.


We were saying goodbye during their last visit.
Hannah's second grade First Communion and Rebekah in the prayer garden at their parochial school.


 

One more phamily share, all of us a long time ago. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HANNAH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! WISHING HANNAH MANY MORE WONDERFUL BIRTHDAYS!


 

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I've always loved this sunflower saying. We have tried to grow then as well, with no luck. The people next door have wonderful luck with theirs though.

pilch92 said...

I took 4 years of French in high school , but I didn't know that. Of course that was a very long time ago. :) XO

messymimi said...

Many happy returns of the day to Hannah!