Thursday, April 8, 2021

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 Thankful Thursday  My list grows everyday. Sometime you talk with people who find the negative in everything. I like to look for the positive.  So even though yesterday was a terrible, awful, horrible day, I found several things to be thankful for.

1. The hubby made it back and forth to work without any problem. As long as he is safe, I am happy.

2. I like to mix different combinations of fresh fruit. I eat it everyday when I make a big batch of it. But I like to keep it seperate . Today I mixed raspberries with blueberries and cantaloupe. Yesterday I had watermelon, gala apples and mandarin oranges. The color combos are great.

3. Thankful I sold three pieces of clothing at Poshmark. With postage rates skyrocketing, I am grateful I can get some fun money. My auntie Ang always said have your own fun money. So I try to sell and than have the cash for my own otherwise guilty pleasures.

4. I have had some rough days these past months with Nick being so miserable and dealing with that annoying cough. I pray the meds kick in so he can stop hacking. This solar back and forth has been trying. Nerve wrecking! But grateful somehow it all works out in the end. I am still dealing with ongoing sinus issues. I am thinking I may have to see a doctor I use to see for allergies. He is excellent and he wanted me to do the allergy shots. At the time they were so costly. I would love ot have them. But I will pray about it and see. 

5. My sweetheart would like those shots his co worker takes for asthma. But at $10,00 a shot (covered with Medicare) he just can not do it as he does not take his Medicare insurance yet. It is a lose lose situation. Commercial ins. won't cover it. So we are thankful to pray.

6. Behind on my posts. I will post about my father this weekend. It was 36 years we lost him April 5. 8 days later my mom lost her sister to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).  Thankful to have lived life with them. My auntie Annie was a great baker. My mother outlived all of her siblings and was the very last to go. 

7.  I have been listening tomusic. Here I am serenading Leo:


I sang Crystal Gayle's hit song "Don't it make my brown eyes blue". He loves either my voice or just music. My guess...he loves music!

8. Thinking of my folks while listening to the song :"One of the Good Ones". Both of parentssaid  that my hubby was "the good one" when he asked me to marry him. My father was filled with peace as he knew both Noelle and I would be cared for. 

9. My dad loved opera and he loved country music. I listen to all of it but the original c/w songs, the Legends, are the best. If you understand opera you can listen to it.  George Strait and ALan Jackson were right when they sang "Murder on Music Row". There is alternative rock so why don;t these rappers, jazz artists, blues singers, pop tarts go to some alternative. They all butt into country music and it stinks! Thankful I listened to the blues (Muddy Waters, B B King, Stevie Ray Vaughan), Jazz (John Coltrane, Miles Davis,Al Hirt, Dave Koz, Peter White) . Folk: John Prine, Pozo Seco Singers, New Christy Minstrels, Kingston Trio, Peter, Paul and Mary. I could go on all day so I better make another post. Thankful for music.

10. Thankful for Jon Gray or as my son  Jeremy calls him, Fifty Shades of Jon Gray. He is an amazing pitcher for the Colorado Rockies, he is a member of the Cherokee Nation. His grandfather was Cherokee.  Jon pitched one heck of a great six inning game that was a no hitter. Then in came the doofy relief pitchers. Aack! Jon has a slider that is perfection, he was so convicted today! All I can say about the Rockies relief pitching staff, you ain't no Goose(Colorado Native) Gossage, you can not touch Rollie Fingers! But Jon Gray, thankful you pitched an excellent game winning it 7-3. Thanks for nothing you goofball relief guys!




3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were really good thankfuls and allergies are awful. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

messymimi said...

Excellent thankful things.

Is it possible to look into other ways to cover those shots for the asthma? Sometimes the companies themselves have programs for reduced costs.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so very sorry about your Dad and Aunt! I have never heard about these expensive asthma shots!!