Monday, August 31, 2020

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I was visiting Big Boy (see the badge for BB on my sidebar).  He is not well but he has good parents and he is loved and cared for . I was thinking about my Remembrance Rainbow Bridge and the heartaches we all feel losing those fur babies we love so much. I watch Leo, as he gets older and because he is a large animal, I worry for him and am stern if he does not come inside. I just do not think the hard concrete is where he should be resting.  He likes to ignore me, but everybody knows that your mother knows best so suck it up buddy and come inside with me.
This was Leo on May 10, 2015 when he came to live with us. Leo and I butt heads often. I am strong willed. He is strong willed, it is an endless battle. But he is phamily so I care about him and love him. He was extra obnoxious today and naughty. I ignored him and he finally gave up and came inside. The weather is turning a tad cooler and I have to make sure he is safe and not lying on the concrete. It is not good for his big frame.
Leo met Lulu on 04/28/2018. She was so tiny, he was so big. But he is extra careful around the pups. He is the dad they don't have here.  Leo is a gentle giant. Sometime he will have a row with another dog, usually the larger ones but he just makes a low grunt when the pups overwhelm him.
May 21, 2019 - lounging by the backdoor. What? Why can't I lay here? Because I will break my head if I fall down the stairs and then you will have to wait for the kids to be off work so they can feed and care for you.
I think of all the captures I caught this one will always be my favorite. It was a time, long ago it seems, when a small boy called me "Ma" and enjoyed my company. It was a time when Leo enjoyed Harrison having finished his meals, it meant he could step in and lick his face clean! I miss those days. But boys grow up to be 4 and they have other things on their minds beside "Grandmother's". Leo is content these days as he has the puppies to occupy his time. But I hold these memories close to my heart.
I suppose the worn grassy areas are better to lay down on then the concrete driveway and walkways. July 14, 2020, a resting boy dreaming about the good life he found when he found us.
The world would indeed be better if people acting as faithful and kind as dogs act. Their unconditionally love is something most people lack.
I have a few neighbors that have slick dogs who escape their yards. I am the neighbor who does not like narcing. I simply say hey your dog is loose, you better help me catch 'em!

Common Core Math, I am not even sure if 2020 is the tip of the iceberg for the USA!
HaHaHa! This was too cute not to share.

We finally have our solar panels! Now we have to wait on the city and Excel Energy to come out and approve their work. We had a wonderful experience when Connor approached me outside in the front yard one evening. Then we met Andrew. The dogs approved of Andrew and even Thor who usually sits back, observes and growls and bark was trotting next to Andrew like "Hey buddy, be my friend ok?" LOL! There were some miscommunications but Andrew was cool and gave us some cash because my hubby took off the day we were suppose to get installed and it fell through. The company paid him a day's wages! The guys came out Thursday morning and I had the pleasure of meeting Marcus and Colton who worked on the roof installing the panels. Warren was the electrician and we had some good conversations throughout the day. They worked a 9 to 5 day here and we were pleased with the work, the panels and their CS ! Now the wait begins for Excel and the City. Neighbors who have panels already told us their energy bills are about $25-30 monthly. Try that times ten for a regular monthly bill for us. It will be nice to see the big difference.  We even met the co owner of the company, Fluent Solar. He told us the panels are the very newest and everyday day they improve them to be more efficient. We are quite happy.
Into the Fall we begin....enjoy the evening and the rest of this beautiful week.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awesome looking solar panels! I hope Leo lives many more happy years.

messymimi said...

Love the funnies, and oh, all the memories contained in such photos. How i wish i had a better memory.

MadSnapper said...

thank you for posting about Big Boy, he is having bad days and kind of good days. he loves to lay on concrete also. i wonder if Leo would lay on a flat bed if you put it outside.. Big doesn't have bone problems yet, he is 7 and 1/2. hugs to Leo from Mama and Big. that power bill sounds wodnerful, my last two were right at 250.00.

Mevely317 said...

Aw, thank you so much for sharing Sandra's Big Boy. Praying every day! Your solar panels look great; I wish we'd gone that direction while in Arizona. That's not something I recall ever having seen here in Alabama.

Big hugs ... and 'Amen!' to your last meme!