Thursday, August 20, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK AND HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY AUNTIE ANG

Nick, our baby son turned 27 today. This is him in 2011 with his hero in Cross Country  Bernard Lagat. Nick won the Boys Open Cross Country Race at the Nike SW Cross Country in Phoenix, Arizona. It was a joyful day for Nick.Earlier in the year, he was struck down with shingles and it took him forever to get his energy level back up. We were so proud of that win! I remember running along to the finish line and screaming his name. It was an amazing day.Please visit Thankful Thursday
I miss those running days. Margot Kelly Photography told us we could use her photos as long as her watermark was on the photo. She took an amazing capture of this kid winning the race. The young man behind him was from New Mexico and was a top runner in his state.
Kansas Wesleyan University Track and Field and Cross Country. Some of Nick's friends from his college days.
Nick in December 1993. Auntie Ang, my favorite aunt, would have celebrated her 106th birthday but she went to heaven 20 years ago. Cancer, I Hate it, I despise it, it took her away from me too soon and as long as I live, I will believe she was not given the best treatment available for breast cancer despite having the premium platinum insurance she still carried through Uncle Louie's years as a railroader. She had crippling Rheumatoid arthritis in her hands and yet she sat and sewed for hours, cutting out patterns she often designed herself. She made the CHRISTmas stocking and she designed those pieces she added to each stocking and sewed those sequins on by hand. She was a remarkable woman. I miss here still everyday.
Auntie Ang was a real beauty. Her dad passed away and her mom remarried, my great grandfather Martin Videtich. But when each of them passed away they were buried with their first spouse. I feel blessed I was related to Auntie Ang twice. Once on my mom's side, since she married my mom's big brother. Then she was related to me on my dad's side, having had her mom marry my dad's grandfather.
They were a beautiful couple. My uncle was a true talented guy too. He knew Colorado History like he knew himself. He had a pilot's license and he always said he had lucky money. The more he gave away, the more that came back to him. They were both so generous and kind. It is hard living without good, kind, decent people in this mixed up ole world today. I know God broke the mold of these folks who were part of the "Greatest Generation" who ever lived.
Uncle turned 70 in 1978 and we had a big birthday bash for him. They were so good to all of us kids. They never had children of their own, but they treated us like royalty.
Nick and his big (little) middle sister Rebekah on her wedding day. She helped him through his college years as she is the phamily writer.
A favorite photo of mine from Jeremy and Brittany's 2016 wedding. Nick and I are both the youngest child so we get along famously.
Nick is easy going so he does not mind sharing his August 20th birthday with my day late celebration of Auntie Ang and her heavenly birthday. I am thankful to have Nick as my son and thankful for all the wonderful years I Had with Auntie Ang, even though they were much too short.
Whether they are here or gone away to their eternal home, I love all my loved ones very much. Somedays it is harder to love some and some days it is easier to love others. But all in all I was raised right and in my heart I know what is right. PHAMILY is always going to PHAMILY so my love for all of them remains. As Buzz Lightyear would say, "From here to infinity and beyond!"


6 comments:

Dogmom Diva said...

Beautiful!

Dogmom Diva said...

Beautiful!

JanCT said...

Your aunt and uncle were very special people. Thanks for sharing so your readers could get to know them a little. Blessings.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Mevely317 said...

Happy Birthday blessings to Nick! And of course, to your sweet Auntie Ang. You're right, she was a beauty! Loving all these photos, but mostly that last mother-and-son image!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Winning this race is an amazing memory to have, and how proud the family must be! He must be very disciplined and gifted to have accomplished this. Happy Birthday to him! I hope you can be together. Your aunt was an amazing woman.

messymimi said...

Wishing your precious son many happy returns of the day!