Monday, September 7, 2020

HAPPY LABOR DAY and MORE

 

Hoping you have had an enjoyable weekend and had thoughtful moments of what Labor Day truly means. 


My sister celebrates her birthday every year with this lady in mind. Today Grandma Moses would be 160 years old.  Many years ago my sister wrote a letter to her and told her how they shared September 7th as their birthdate. She wrote a letter back to my sister and it has been a very special rememerance for her since that time. 


Some of her artwork. She began painting at age 78 and painted American folk art. Her pieces are cheery and make me smile when I see then. This rainbow is particularly lovely.


She was a plain spoken lady with a talented hand. Happy Birthday to this American icon. 


Mother's Day 1979 with my sis Mary and first born Noelle. My sis was a hair stylist so she experimented on me many times.  Happy Birthday to my sister. 



We are just two different flowers in the garden of life and phamilies. 

Philippians 1:3 reminds me of my own sisters, one we lost in 2001 (Pat) and my birthday girl sister Mary. 

I have to be the one with glasses. But since my only sister Mary lives about two hours away from me, I would call her to come help me.  My sister Pat probably is sharing some laughter
 in heaven as she had the best laughter we knew.


For there is no friend like a sister,
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands.

~Christina Rossetti, "Goblin Market," 1862
You can stop by my original blog too: annesphamily.blogspot.com


5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I always wanted a sister I have never known what it's like to have one and it sounds wonderful

Ginny Hartzler said...

We live about 20 minutes from Grandma Moses house. I did a post on it a few years ago.

Mevely317 said...

Love that Grandma Moses didn't let a little thing like her age stop her from following her dreams! This photo of you and your sis with little Noelle is precious!

messymimi said...

Many happy returns of the day to your sister!

Linda said...

This new Blogger is driving me insane...anyways...lovely post and I was momently confused with your blog name change, grin.

p.s. I have a another friend who lives in the mountains in Colorado, she said they got 18 inches of snow. Can you imagine? smiles