Thursday, September 10, 2020

Fun With Kids and Thankfulness

 

This boy spent some time with me last Thursday. We played Rescue Heroes. We took all the farm animals, the Ark animals and the dinosaurs and we put them all around the yard. Then we had a command station and rescue heroes who we sent out to save this critters. Thankful for this child. He is a blessing to me. 


These are some of our rescues. We even rescued Noah from the Ark! Harrison put grass out for the dino's and other animals.  It was a fun game. I was thankful for the fun I had with Harrison. 


This guy came over Saturday with his brother. Brody is my gardener! Then Harrison came over too. They play so nicely together. Brody does not like my cat, he is fearful of him. Harrison is too sweet, he said, Brody, you need to come to my house . I have kittens. They are so soft and you can pet them so you won't be scared anymore. This guy is my official gardener. Harrison is our kindness ambassador along with Brody. They are incredibly kind children. Thankful for them. 


When I woke up this morning,t his is what I saw. It is still cold but the temps will rise. 56 tomorrow, 70 on Saturday and 80 on SONday. I am hoping this storm helped calm  the fires . Thankful for snow, even this early. 


Saturday morning the sun looked like a fireball. The air was thick and the skies hazy. Grateful we had some snow to wash away the smoke. Thankful we received some moisture. 

Our tomatoes did not fair well this summer. Two of our larger tomato plants were attacked by some bugs who destroyed them. We created a tent and cover for the others so we will check them tomorrow. My Uncle Louie worked for the railroad and he always said cardboard and newspaper will keep anything, including you warm. Thankful for the tomatoes and zucchini and squash we did grow. 

I am not sure who this image is credited to but it sure says a lot. I remember my big sis Pat telling us about a storm that ravaged a town in the South. Sitting on a small end table was the family bible, unscathed. That my friends, is a message from the Good Lord. Thankful when I hear stories of those saved from harms way. 

Enjoy a Thankful Thursday I am thankful for humor too. I like laughter. I guess that is why I Hang out with little ones. 


As I was putting final touches on my post here I received an email from a friend. Karl who lives in PA. lost his mom on Tuesday evening. He said he was with her when she passed. It has been rough for Karl and his brother. They lost their dad in 2016. His father served in the US Army as a Captain and the military did not give his mom a flag after his passing. But the guys were determined to get the US flag to their mom. Karl wrote to the local VFW and they sent them a flag. He purchased the display case for it and his brother and Karl learned how to fold the flag correctly. Through the years knowing Karl at his blog : Iggy was great. His blog name was great and he became good friends with many of us. He wrote beautifully and shared so many wonderful stories. You can go there and read some of those stories too. Karl had some health issues too and was gone from blogging. I know how hard the loss of parents can be. We lost my dad in 1985 and mom in 2001. But as far as the blog goes, I like to blog and use it as a journal too. I hope you will pray for Karl and his phamily and visit his blog too. I sent out some emails to folks who knew him to send cards and also to Pam at our encouragement group so she could add him there too. I enjoy sending cards when I can and I love to encourage others.  Thankful for blogging and good blog world friends too .

Praying for Karl and his phamily during this difficult time.

Please visit Brian at his blog: brianshomeblog.com and stop by my other blog too My Tata's Cottage. This new blogger business is stinky.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry for Karl, especially in this time that is alredy bad enough. You are the most fun person to play with kids!

messymimi said...

Children and kindness and laughter and loss and growing things, all of life on one page.

Praying for Karl and his family.

Rita said...

Yes, losing your parents is hard. Prayers and good wishes to Karl. He is such a good person.

Grandkids are the best! They bring such joy and keep you going, that's for sure.

You got snow!!

Thanks for stopping by. I am now following you by email--if it works, of course--LOL! :)

Ida said...

Wow you pack a lot into your post. - What an adorable little boy, it's always fun to spend time with Grandkids. - Love that sign at the church, too funny.