Thursday, April 25, 2024

Thankful Thursday Snoopy and Friendly Fill In's

Thankful Thursday

My father was the team catcher. He is pictured on the far right side leaning on his bat. My uncle, his older brother Rudy a/k/a Moon is behind him and he was the team manager.




 Having a pitch clock, if you have ball-strike implications, that's messing with the fabric of the game. There's no clock in baseball, and there's no clock in baseball for a reason. Max Scherzer

 I would love to see as many of the black players as possible in today's Major League Baseball make every effort to go to the Negro Leagues Museum and get a first-hand view of how it all started. Ferguson Jenkins

Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man. Satchel Paige

You could be a kid for as long as you want when you play baseball. Cal Ripken Jr. 


Thurman Munson was indispensable and irreplaceable.  George Steinbrenner, NY Yankee Owner

I like hitting fourth and I like the good batting average, but what I do everyday behind the plate is a lot more important because it touches so many more people and so many more aspects of the game. Thurman Munson

I am so thankful for baseball. Thankful for a father who taught me all about the game. For a mother, who played the game herself. Thankful for the strong willed women that were my encouragers, my mentors, my heroes. Quiet, godly men, like my father and his father who taught me so much about living life in a good way.


My mother is the lady to your right holding a broom in front of the door on your right. She was such a sweetheart but she was a fierce baseball player herself. This was some kind of promo for the National Broom Company. I cherish these photos of my folks. 


Snoopy is a delight. He & Charlie Brown have been around for 79 years in the comic strip They are as American as apple pie and baseball. 

Here are the Friendly Fill-Ins for tomorrow. Ellen came up with the first two and my co-host, Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs came up with second two.

1. I find _____________________ offensive.

2. __________________ is a good way to make some extra cash.

3. _________ makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.

4. I could see myself naming a cat or dog _________.

Tomorrow I will reveal my answers. Thanks ladies for the great job you do bringing this to us. 





4 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such a nice post and a wonderful tribute to your folks, they taught you all about having a wonderful life. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Great quote by Thurman Munson.
Love the photos and the memories.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

My mother was an avid fan of baseball; she played it herself, but only in the vacant lots with other town kids, mostly boys, of course. We thought it such a shame that she passed away before the Atlanta Braves won the World Series in 2021.
Blessings, Anne!

messymimi said...

Your parents raised a wonderful daughter!