Monday, April 15, 2024

Aw...Mondays

 Aw...Mondays



We are getting a heat wave and heard some rain is in the forecast. The weekend was beautiful and busy. Our two grandsons play baseball and T ball. While Brody played, Blake was charming the little ladies, one in particular, with his Mathematical calculations! I don't think I have ever known a boy of 4.5 years old who was so incredibly bright. Not because he is our blood, but because his Mathematical skills are unmatched. It is a funny combination because his kindness skills are unmatched too. When we attend his t ball game tonight, I will share his baseball photo too. I wish I had been able to snap that hug as he embraced his little friend on the playground behind us. 

Brody has sports running through his veins. He was the catcher, the pitcher and shortstop and he got a hit! He played hard and it was a joy to see him there. 

What a sweet day Saturday was. The weather was perfect and these kids played so hard.

You know my father played the game, long before I was dreamed up. He always loved the game best and I feel he was shining down on Brody Saturday. What a day it was. I leaned near a tree trying to keep my composure when I saw my grandson behind the plate.  My niece Sarah, who was taken from us too soon also had passion for sports and she was a baseball pitcher.  My sister was blessed to see her pitch a game and said she threw that ball as great as any guy who ever stood on the pitchers mound. I wish I had some photos of her. 

"Baseball is like church, Many attend, but few understand." Leo Ernest Durocher







7 comments:

Sandee said...

It rained and rained here this weekend and it was ever so cold. Saturday it never got out of the 40s.

I know how you love baseball. Good for you.

Love the Love Is and it's ever so true.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs, my friend. ♥

Sparky said...

God has blessed our little area with lots of rain lately. Praise Him for His mercy. The Okefenokee Swamp is full up and that's a very good thing. The road sides are covered in wildflowers. I hope y'all get the right amount of rain too. It's so needed.
Brody sounds like such a special little guy. May the Lord keep his heart and mind safe always. I wish my math was better. I'm a really good Bookkeeper Accountant (in my mind) but if I have to add items in my head now I'm lost. Guess I'm too hooked on using a calculator.
Sweet post. Y'all have a wonderful day.
Blessings.

pilch92 said...

Great photos. I am going to my first little league softball game this weekend for my great niece who just started playing. Thank you for the beautiful card you sent me for the loss of Joanie. That was so kind of you. XO

Mari said...

What a wonderful day you had! So sweet to see those boys, so different and special in their own ways.
It's beautiful here today, rain may be coming on Wednesday.

Mevely317 said...

What a heartwarming post! Yes, I'm sure your beloved daddy was right there. As long as you keep telling stories he'll never really be forgotten.

messymimi said...

Awww, I'm glad the sports tradition continues in your family.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Such a wonderful post. Great way to spend the weekend with your grandsons while thinking about your father and your niece. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

-Soma