Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Aw... Mondays/ Happy Tuesday/ Tuesday4/ Wordless Wednesday

 

Aw...Mondays


My friend Shirley , who I worked with in the 70's when we were just babies, haha, sent this snarky lil girl face to me with the words that made me laugh out loud!

The Bear must be related to me! Lately, the more I try to get done, the more tired I am! I guess "old age" is real and I am finally admitting it!


love is...self explanatory.

Happy Tuesday


Since we spend three days watching the boys, B&B play baseball and T Ball I found this photo, from about 2006 of Nick! That skinny boy could hit a baseball long and hard! What a sweet memory for me. 


Oh Maxine, I think you are reading my mind!! It is something I absolutely detest!

Tuesday4

Since I am always falling behind, and Tuesday4 took a holiday break, here are my four questions for you:

1. Do you watch much television?

2. If you do, what are some favorite programs?

3. If you don't, what do you like to do in the evenings/

4. Do you think there are more commercials everywhere, i.e. TV, radio, billboards, even social media?

My answers are here:

1. Do you watch much television? Oh yes we do! Often it is the only think to take us a way for a few hours. We are sports fans but if the MLB, NBA and NFL do not get their act together with their focus on gambling and cheating by certain teams and refs/umpires and other inappropriate nonsense that does not, I repeat, does not belong in the sportsworld, I am sad to say, we may have to give it up!

2. If you do what are some of your favorite programs? We loved the two year old series So Help Me Todd which we founds out, is going off the air. It was a cute program with Marcia Gay Harden and Skylar Astin! Sad to see it go and yet series that are going into their 20th season and are repeating so much of their storylines from the first few years! So annoying!

3. If you don't, what do you like to do in the evenings? We have nights like that! Nothing is on so we play gin rummy, we read Scripture together and we pray for everyone we can think of under the sun! (we pray and read Scripture anyway but often it is our private time with Our Lord). 

4. Do you think there are more commercials everywhere, i.e. TV, radio, billboards, even social media? Yes absolutely, commercials especially drug commercials, my goodness, half the magazines you try to read like Woman's Day, BH&G, Southern Living, Coastal Living etc. are loaded with their drugs! Social media is the worst, with their minding your business about something you have viewed, like a new item at at a favorite dept. store or amazon.com. So absolutely uncalled for! Radio is getting bad too. We tune in to the Christian channels because their commercials are sponsors trying to lighten your load in this wacky world. 

Wordless Wednesday


                                                                              FINN


6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE the quote with the cute little girl's face, it is brilliant! NOT that I am ever like this, mind you!!

Sandee said...

Love the it's hard to be a woman. I laughed out loud and I loved Maxine too. She's right about that.

Scritches to the pup.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love those two pictures at the top. So funny. I can relate yes...to both. LOL. Regarding commercials...we switch off the sound and try to ignore them. If we are watching things on YouTube we can usually skip the commercials part way through, which is nice. Yes, I hate those ads on FB, which shows you how much "Big Brother is watching you"! Sometimes I only have to think about something and it shows up in an ad. Crazy!!! Hope you are having a great week. It's good to hear from you.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

We have noticed, too, how many commercials are pushing drugs to "fix" every health problem imaginable. I know this sounds conspiratorial, but Danny and I are beginning to think the additives in our foods are designed to make us sick so that big pharma can literally make a killing in drug sales. Just our take on things.
Loved your photos, Anne!
Blessings!

Mevely317 said...

Lots of truth here!
Tom keeps the television on practically 24/7 -- thankfully, through his hearing aids. The only shows I really care about anymore are Chicago Med, the Voice and American Idol. (I suspect AI is really making an effort to clean up their act, after all those 'contestants' with no talent who just wanted their 15 minutes of fame.)

I love how you and Avery care about and for one another!

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day my friend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com