Monday, February 27, 2023

Happy Tuesday and Maxine Cracks Me Up

 

My friend Angela is a Corgi lover. I found this etsy,com image so had to share it for Happy Tuesday These pups seem to have a permanent smile on their faces so they always look so happy.


Maxine, I can relate to you here! This also reminded me of the Christmas Story movie with Ralpie's little brother Randy! He could never put his arms down once he got into his snowsuit! Maybe Randy wasn't happy but that scene brought lots of smiles.

Cowboys

painting by Mark Maggori
 It's time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  Let's talk about cowboys this week. Thanks to Annie for keeping this blog hop going. 

1.  Do you like western style chuck wagon cooking?  Stews, chilis, beef steaks, BBQ  etc.?

Definitely! My husband Avery is the chili king. Our son-in-law Zach is the barbeque king. He also makes a terrific steak. We are so blessed they live with us. 

2.  Do you make a good chili or do you know someone whose chili is the best ever? Beans, meat or both?

I just mentioned Avery! He is the best chili maker in town. People at his office love his chili. He uses three kinds of beans and good quality hamburger. He likes it super spicy and I like it mild. He just took a large batch to work when one of his pals retired.

3.  Who is your favorite cowboy movie star?

Oh goodness, James Drury and James Arness were the best. Also Clint Walker and Dale Robertson. I could share a whole bunch of fun facts about these fine actor/gentleman. We watch the old westerns all the time.

4.  Do you have a favorite western TV show or movie?

We really love Cheyenne and Wagon Train and Raw Hide. Those old westerns were the best. Nothing compares to them today. Except Jay Hernandez as Magnum PI (sigh).

Me and tea....I love it so much. So I like sharing a tea cup or pot each Tuesday. Here is a pretty share:

This cup is so pretty. I do have a clear cup just similar to this one. That pink tea is very pretty too.


These cupcakes would go perfectly with the tea today. It is very windy where we are/ These were Pinterest finds.




14 comments:

Sandee said...

Awww on those pups. Most adorable.

Maxine always cracks me up and I've done just this.

I ate two of those cupcakes.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs. ♥

annie said...

Thanks for joining in with Tuesday 4! I agree there aren't any westerns like the old ones anymore. I really miss them too.

Mari said...

I love Maxine too.
Avery sounds like a fantastic cook. I am a big fan of chili. There are so many varieties! BBQ is a favorite too!

Susan said...

Love the teacup picture. I wonder what the pink liquid is. Made me think of strawberry Nestles Quick.

Agnes CF Lee said...

I like the heart shape tea cup. February is Valentine's month..suitable to use this cup.

R's Rue said...

Have a lovely day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I'd love to sample some of Avery's chili ... even if I'd have to take out the beans. (lol) I doubt we'll be making any more until late 2023 - unfortunately, it's already in the 80's here and we don't enjoy chili so much in the warmer months.
I LOVED Rawhide ... not so much Dale Robertson. He was really nasty to me at the New Mexico State Fair when I asked for an autograph.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I love a hearty chili, just not one that is too hot a spicy. I was never much of a Western fan, but I've fallen in love with Yellowstone. Have you been watching it?
Blessings!

Visits With Mary said...

I love Maxine too, she's a hoot. The Corgi picture is adorable, I've always wanted one but I had cockers instead. What can one say about that cute teacup, I'll just say cute, cute, cute. Enjoyed reading your answers to Tuesday 4, hope you have a great day.

Sandee said...

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Cathy said...

Maxine is great and usually pretty true and I think that's why it's so funny.

pilch92 said...

I love chili as long as it isn't too spicy. My favorite western show is the new Walker. :) XO

messymimi said...

Maxine is right, and if it's that cold, i probably don't want to go anyway.

Have a blessed week!

Joyful said...

I enjoyed your cowboy answers. You reminded me of several western actors I'd forgotten about.