Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Tuesday Time

 I am always falling behind. I think this snow, so much of it, has frozen my poor brain! I am stuck in a dark and gloomy day and just very grateful and happy to have a roof over my head, hot tea in my cup and heat running through our home.

Happy Tuesday


My beautiful boy Boots. He has been gone a long time and yet I think happy thoughts about him everyday. He was a one-of-a-kind incredible feline. I often wonder if he was sent to me as an angel in disguise. He sat with me through many sadness's. I will miss him forever.

Tuesday4

A Few of My Favorite Things


 Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and if it's your first time its great that you are here and helping make it fun for everyone.

1. Do you have a favorite family recipe? Would you share it? I do have many, here is a favorite brunch time recipe, my famous Belgian Waffles:



 

2. Do you have a favorite book? How about a movie? TV program?

The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee are my two favorite books although lately I have been reading books by Marie Benedict. A movie, Peter and Paul, it is an old movie but one of our very favorites.  Anthony Hopkins portrayed Paul and did an excellent job of it.  We are all into the old Westerns on TV. Good clean movies.

3. What is your favorite snack? Favorite sandwich?

I love Wee Brie with the little toast crackers. They are shaped like pieces of mini toast and that is always a good snack with some fresh fruit.  Sandwich: Turkey with avocado and lettuce and tomato on 9 grain bread.

4. What is your favorite color for  a home exterior...a car...a room ?

Right now we have a green trim on our brick house. I love blue or green for cars and we have neutral paint in the bedrooms and throughout the house.  When I was a young teen my dad painted my bedroom lavender and I had curtains and bedspread to match.

This was fun today and I will be visiting and catching up with everyone participating. Thank you Annie for always doing this. 


Maxine on a day like today, yep, I agree with you 100 percent!

I wish this were mine. sigh....love tea tyme. I am sipping Earl Grey Decaf because if I drank the caffeinated Earl I would be bouncing off the walls. It is a cold and dreary day so tea with a spoonful of honey is a necessity for me. Sometime in the mid day I will drink Earl Grey Lavender with foam, a London Fog kinda tea with honey. I use whatever milk we have on hand to get that foamy goodness.

See my  Wordless Wednesday 

 

7 comments:

Sandee said...

I know how you love Boots. We love our Angel Little Bit just as much.

I love Maxine. She's my kind of gal.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday Blog Hops.

Have a fabulous day and stay warm. Love and hugs. ♥

Mari said...

To Kill a Mockingbird is so good!
Our cats are good friends, I miss mine too.
I had a lavender room when I was young too - loved it!
Maxine is right!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I've read so many books it's hard to choose one favorite, so I won't try, Anne. :) Actually, I'm a published author; you can link to them here: www.gladetrilogy.wix.com/theglade

Mevely317 said...

Aw, sweet Boots. I'm that way about Caraleigh, my little heart-dog. She's been gone since March 12, 2013 but forever in my heart.
Like Martha, it's impossible to choose a favorite book -- but The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom comes close. I'm going to look for those little toast crackers.

pilch92 said...

Mr. Boots was a handsome boy. XO

messymimi said...

Maxine is always good for a laugh.

Boots was a most handsome cat.

I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I enjoyed your post and favorite things! I once had lavender accents/decor in my old bedroom at home too. I loved it. I do love Earl Grey tea, and also Lady Grey tea. Yes, Earl Grey is a bit strong. But so good when you need a good bracing cup of tea. Maxine is a good one. I love her quips. Boots was very handsome...I am sure you do miss him. That Wordless Wednesday picture was quite "chilling". LOl. Have a blessed rest of your week. I am slowly getting caught up here.