Sunday, February 5, 2023

Welcoming February and Thoughts on Aging With Love is... and Aw...Mondays

 

Five days into the new month and I realized I never gave it a proper welcoming. Along with the new month is a reprieve from the bitter cold and snow. We still have icy patches but the sun has been sunshining and gives us a reason to rejoice. I don't believe we have had a cold December and January like these past few moths. Grateful for the break in the weather. So Hello February and please ease us  into March where the winds will howl, more snow will be predicted and Spring will still be a hopeful time in our hearts.It make the world go round.

Did you know that February 2023 has 4 Mondays, 4 Tuesdays, 4 Wednesdays, 4 Thursdays, 4 Fridays, 4 Saturdays, 4 Sundays? We will never see this again in our lifetime because it happens once every 823 years. I thought it was a fun fact to know.

" Love doesn't make the world go round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." attributed to Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thinking about aging and I found some wonderful quotes to share:

"Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better,: Ingrid Bergman

" No one is as old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." Henry David Thoreau

" My face carried all my memories, Why would I want to erase them?' Diane Von Furstenberg

"Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by a life that is just," Proverbs 16:31

" Love is the answer, God is the cure."

"You are worthy, our Lord and God , to receive glory and honor and power., for You created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their bring." Revelation 4:11

Aw...Mondays


I have a quick aw...Mondays story. I have known my friend Annie who use to blog many years ago. Her two older children are in high school so that is how long it has been! They live on a lovely property along with her two sisters and their folks. Her dad is a cattle rancher. She had a blog called The House That Jade Built. When heir youngest daughter was born with an extra chromosome  I followed them with love and prayer for this precious girl who is ten today and a real hoot! Jade & Annie adopted another DS girl from China and she just celebrated her 9th birthday yesterday.  An orange tabby showed up at their place. With the cold weather they let him come inside and realized he was a house cat. They took him to their vet, no chip and no tags. My guess is someone turned him loose. Meanwhile their girls gave him the name of :Pierre". So this cat is enjoying a good life with a sweet bunch of kind hearts. Pierre could be Mister Kitty's twin.  So I had to share his story and hope you will say Aw..... I do not have his photo to share so I am showing you my big boy.  I love to hear stories of others who reach out and save an animal from the cruelness of the cold weather and take them in as their own. Annie and Jade are really good about that. I'm happy I know this wonderful phamily!


I love weekends with my sweetheart because we can usually sleep in and I miss that during the weekdays. 

Thank you for stopping by. I am coming over this week to catch up on comments. We still have to put up our Christmas decorations as there is so much mud by the shed. we are hoping next weekend it will be dry. I am anxious to put up Valentine decorations before the holidays disappears.

Thank you for being here and thank you for your love and support. Enjoy a wonderful new week. 



 



11 comments:

Sandee said...

Love is all that and more. We view love the same way.

I love you Awww story. You made me smile.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

R's Rue said...

Sending you all the love my friend.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh love to you ~ sweet post ~


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Aging is definitely not for sissies, Anne, and I love what you shared here. My next blog post is along those same lines. Your kitty is beautiful, too. He reminds me of my daughter's family's cat. Henry is a handsome orange feline, too, and he was adopted by them years ago.
Blessings!

Mari said...

Interesting February facts!
I liked your MOndao aww, and Jade and Annie sound like sweethearts!

Mevely317 said...

My heart! I love that rescue story; how Pierre's found the perfect forever home in the arms of those girls.
Great quotes you've shared here. My favorite's that one by Ingrid Bergman. Oh, and Diane von Furstenberg. Thank you for including them.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What an interesting bit of trivia about February 2023. And I loved your sweet aww Monday story.

messymimi said...

A beautiful story about the cat, i do hope Pierre has a long, happy life.

Your whole post is uplifting, thank you!

Romance Book Haven said...

Beautiful story. Much love!

pilch92 said...

Wonderful quotes and so nice to see Mister Kitty. XO

Gattina said...

What a happy end for this ginger cat ! I admire people who adopt children with a disease !
I just lost the love of my life 8 months ago and I tell you it's very hard. We were married for 54 years !