Thursday, March 2, 2023

THANKFUL THURSDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR SEUSS

 

Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss. I am very thankful for him and his character that encouraged many children to read and to enjoy reading and become avid readers. We love you Dr. Seuss. Thank you to Thankful Thursday

I am thankful I woke up today so I could watch two of my grandchildren. I spent the better part of today with Brody and Blake. We talked about Dr. Seuss. We played Candyland and we played Go Fish and Slapjack. We watched Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol and even watched Monster Jam. These little guys know all the names of the Monster Jam drivers and their vehicles like Gravedigger and  Megalodon. There are so many of these and the boys were fortunate to see Monster Jam in Denver a few weeks ago.


This is RAGE. The boys loved seeing the show.


The snow melted, the sun came out, the day warmed u enough to do some sidewalk chalk.  I sure love these boys.

"Fill your house with with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks." Dr. Seuss


5 comments:

Mari said...

I love Dr Seuss too! Good quote from him.
Looks like you had a fun time!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How wonderful to spend the day with your sweet grandchildren. What a blessing that is. And Dr. Seuss too! What fun! Sound like a great day. You are blessed.

messymimi said...

It sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate Dr. Seuss.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was a terrific tribute to the wonderful Dr. Seuss. Thanks for joining our Dr. Seuss Day Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Nothing better than spending time with grandchildren, Anne! I'm glad you all had such a wonderful time together. And yes, I'm a fan of Dr.Seuss.
Blessings!