Wednesday, June 22, 2022

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 Thankful Thursday

My post today is simple. I am thankful Roger survived the brain surgery. Now he has more battles to fight but I will be confident in the Lord.

.


I bought this cute photo box to store photos in. It reminded me of Dr. T's dog Lily the beagle. She told me today that Lily passed away. She was with her phamily for 14.5 years. Run free Lily, you were such a dog girl Thankful they gave her such a nice life, running on their farm enjoying farm animals and lots of delicious garden foods.


I found this photo of auntie Ang and myself from the 1970's. We were visiitng the son and his wife of my mom's cousin at their Westcliff, Colorado ranch. They brought their prize winning bull up on the lawn so we could all geta closer look at him. Let me tell you, he had the absolutel life of riley. He lived in a huge comfortable heated and a/c barn and had his pick of hundreds of lovely ladies and spent his days mating. What a crazy life. I once had a boss who said if reincarnation exists he wanted to come back as his prize race horse "Rocky Wins-A-Lot".  What sillness! Apparently rocky was living the high life like that big ole bull too. Auntie Ang liked being away from the crowd of people so we hung out in their family room for a spell. Thankful for my memories. 


Mr. Moon was up there in the sky at 5:30 this morning when I rose from my slumber. It looked so pretty with the red and orange skies. THANKFUL



Now I am thankful for a good night's rest. Sweet dreams everyone. 

5 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Praise God Roger came through the surgery well. Praying now for his future recovery and battle. May God give him strength for each new day. So sad about Lily the Beagle. I love the picture on the box. I love beagles. We had them when I was little. Sweet picture of you with your Auntie, and also the moon shot. I enjoyed your post this morning. Hope you have a beautiful day.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We're so glad Roger did good with the surgery and we send more prayers for tackling the challenges ahead. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

Best news ever that Roger came through his surgery so well. Prayers answered.

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday, my friend. Big hug. ♥

Mari said...

Continuing to pray for Roger.
That dog painting is so cute!

messymimi said...

Thank you for sharing the good news, and Rocky Wins-a-Lot! Somebody had a great sense of humor.