Friday, October 30, 2020

Day 9 Ten Days of Gratefulness

 1. Grateful for a beautiful day filled with sunshine. It was a nice change from the cold temps we have had,



2. Grateful my Sleepy Tea and Mint Sleepy Tea. It is always our favorite to mix the two together before bedtime.



3. Grateful anytime my teacup is filled with herbal tea but also honey and lemon. My  friend Marilyn, a wonderful blogger who passed away before her only grandson  Oliver was born, gave me that mug. It is so special to me and I will always treasure it. 


4. I know I put my photos in the wrong order but I am grateful I spent a great deal of time with this little doll today. Her daddy is off W-Th-F so Harrison came to be my helped while daddy took mom to work with this baby girl. Colton came back and spent the day with us. It was very nice.



5. Grateful this handsome child still likes to spend time with me. He was the cookie maker. Witch hats equal four ingredients. Keebler striped  cookies, frosting, yellow and red food coloring to create orange frosting, and Hersheys kisses. He was perfecting the frosting on the kiss.

 


6. 5 drops of yellow food coloring and one drop of red makes orange. Frosting makes  good witch hat helpers.


 
7. These are the product of a four year old cookie maker. Harrison is quite patient and his only fault is he does like to eat some of the ingredients.

 

8. Grateful for traditions to create some fun at the holidays . These are good witch hats no bad witches allowed.  WE made these in previous years too. 


9. Grateful for blessings. My cousin Mary shared this at social media. Oh how wonderful the world would be if no one held a grudge or hated.

10. Grateful always for humor, which is a glue of sorts, holding together pieces of us as we travel through troubled waters or climb uphill battles. There is a person at Indian Hills here in Colorado that thinks up these great humorous sayings.  I hope they made you smile today. 



5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

This is one of my favorite Proverbs and one of the about 25 verses that I have memorized over the years. Love seeing your grandson and the Witch's Hat are adorable. You are creating precious memories and that's one of the things to be grateful for. You're doing really well coming up with 10 a day I'm not sure I could

Martha said...

Very nice grateful post. I love the little witch hats. Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Grandchildren are such a blessing. And what a cool project for you two to share. Even better than Trick-Or-treating. This is something he will always have as a good memory.

Mevely317 said...

Few things are as much fun as baking with little ones! I had to smile when you said Harrison likes to eat the ingredients. Long after I was 'old enough to know better' I'd the same thing. My poor mother took to making her sugar cookies after I'd gone to bed. One of my favorite memories: After I became a wife and mother we went 'home' for the holidays. As always, she filled a stocking for me to find on Christmas morning ... and there, down at the toe was a carefully folded piece of tin foil containing a little bit of raw sugar cookie dough. :)

messymimi said...

What fun! Witch hats will have to be made in the future here.