Monday, September 4, 2023

Tuesday4 Happy Tuesday Maxine Cracks Me Up

 


Sunday, September 3, 2023

Planning

Seeing ahead
Welcome back friends!

A wise man once said that most people fall into their lives.   They don't plan and carry out what they would like to do, they just fall into things through circumstances.      Others plan and prepare for life.  They know the kind of person they want to spend their life with, the kind of family, home  or job they wish to have and make a concerted effort to follow through.  

So what about you?

1. Did you plan to be where you are right now in life or did you just end up where you are? 

Yes and no. We had a plan but plans often fail or are upset with illness, job loss, and other life incidents.

2. What plans did you make for your future and what plans do you have for the future now or are you just marking time?

We had a plan but things change and you often do what you have to do. We have had many years of illness, job loss, more job loss, many sadness's so we are hobbling through this stage of life. But we have great faith and it has seen us through everything unpleasant and we hope it will continue.

3.  Do you live where you want to live or would you have done things differently when planning where to live?

We live in a relatively quiet area considering the times we live in. But would have loved to have built our own home . Something are not meant to be so I live by this Scripture:

In my Father's house there are many mansions; if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 NASB  Faith has been our stronger bond, link, and  it has not failed us and we pray we continue on this road. 

4.  What is planned for this coming Autumn? 

We would like to take a trip or two, somewhere to see the Fall foliage . We hope to go on the train in Georgetown as it is a great way to see all the beauty.  we love watching sports so we have that. 

But we have Hannah and Jake's baby shower next month so much planning still to do. Between Rebekah trying new tea sandwiches and her husband Zach makes different cup cakes and other tea shower goodies, we need an exercise bike. We usually have holidays at home. So that will probably remain the same. But with our new grandson due at the end of December in upstate NY hahaha I may fly out there and come back in the Spring thaw! as for reading as the weather cools off I will be able to settle in to some good reading. I like light reading so I don't usually read true crime  stories or  Stephen King type of books. I do like a good biography too. I do not read much drama as the world is already full of it.

  • trips or plans with family or friends?
  • vacations?
  • holiday plans?\
  • Reading list?

Thank you for joining in to make Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 a success.  

Tuesday4




Happy Tuesday


Prayers for our grandson Colton and Jacey and the kids. Their dogs got out of the yard and Atlas, the Great Dane puppy was hit and passed away. Colton was headed home from work when the gentleman that hit him called him. They waited for the police for 30 minutes and the man was visible upset but was on his way to work  People often wonder why we don't like the wild rabbits here. It is because they dig up our fences whether chain link or privacy and Atlas and probably Chester the yellow lab knock a board out and escaped. Chester and Jordy the smaller dog ran to their house when they saw the accident and were very sad too. It is so hard to lose a pet. Atlas was a real sweetheart. 



11 comments:

Joyful said...

Life can be filled with so many ups and downs, sadness and illness but through it all we have our faith. I pray you have a chance to see your newest grandchild in NY state. God bless.

Annie said...

I hope you get to see your new grandchild! I am so sorry about the puppy. Thats terrible news. You are so right about ups and downs in life. The worst part is there is no warning! But we muddle through somehow. Have a lovely day today.

Sandee said...

I got a later start on planning my life, but plan it I did. I'm happy too as it has been a wonderful adventure.

Maxine is right. I would have loved returning Mondays when I was still working.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Hugs. ♥

Visits With Mary said...

All we can do is live each day as the Lord provides, that's the best way anyway! I love being a fruit loop☺☺☺. Have a great rest of the week.♥

Martha Jane Orlando said...

So sad for the loss of the puppy - tragic! I'm gratified, though, that the man had the decency to give his apologies to the family. He must be a very caring person.
I know you're excited about the new grandchild, Anne, and I hope you can stay for a good length of time once you're there.
Blessings, my friend!

Mevely317 said...

Oh, what a tragedy for Colton and family. Poor Atlas, it doesn't sound like he suffered and at least the driver was kind enough to stay. I'm touched by your unyielding faith and hope that will give you all peace. The sort that surpasses all understanding.
Love you!

pilch92 said...

That is sad news about the puppy. XO

messymimi said...

I'm so sorry this happened. I've seen animals run right in front of a car too close for the car to stop and there's just nothing you can do. I'll be praying for the family.

messymimi said...

And I forgot to say, I do hope you get to take a nice trip to see the fall colors.

**Syl said...

I'm so sorry about the puppy.
But life has a way of putting sad and happy at the same time before us.
New life in the family!

Enjoy the fall colours!!

Kirstin said...

A trip somewhere to see leaves is wonderful. We did this last year to the NE states and it was amazing.