Saturday, September 2, 2023

PINK SATURDAY

 Pink Saturday

Had a plan for this Pink Saturday and then heard of the passing of one of my favorite people, Jimmy Buffet. So here I go:


As the sun rose in the skies, I hope the angels were ushering you into the presence of the Almighty. Sail on sailor. 

                                                               JIMMY BUFFET

                                                     1946-2023

As a young woman and meeting my husband for the first time March 9, 1976 I was listening to Jimmy sing his song, Come Monday, which he wrote for his lovely wife. I knew that song was meant for Avery & I and I hung on to that hope until we married 8 years later.

Thanks for all the wonderful music that made us happy even when we were sad. Thanks for your life well lived and your generous and kind and crazy heart. 

May you sail with angels today in eternity.


5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

One of his restaurants used to be here, but it closed a few years ago.

Mari said...

Beautiful photo today!
I just heard about Jimmy Buffet. I love your memory of his song.

Mevely317 said...

Beautiful memory!
That's probably my favorite of JB's songs. Yet, before the magic of the internet, I could never make out what he was singing: "I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A haze." ..... and would 'la-la-la-la' through that part. Finally somebody explained, thank goodness!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I do hope and pray that Jimmy is finally enjoying that cheeseburger in Paradise, Anne. He will definitely be missed! Were you aware that he is a published author many times over? You can check out his books on Amazon.
Blessings!

messymimi said...

My heart goes out to his family and all who knew him as they grieve. He and nis music were most unique.