Monday, June 26, 2023

Aww...Mondays Love is... Sparks Tuesday4 Happy Tuesday

 Aww...Mondays


Love is...

Always the best of love. 

A tribute to Annie at Sparks. She doesn't blog any more but many of us still share some faovrites for Sparks.


Summer Solstice

 

Welcome, it's Tuesday 4 time.  Annie keeps it up in memory of her friend Toni Taddeo who really enjoyed her blogs. 

The Summer solstice arrived and some got hot weather and some got chill and rain.  But summer is the time for holidays or vacations, summertime activities and being outdoors more.  It's also a time, like winter, for complaints and we realize that people in Texas, Arizona and Florida stay inside in summer.

1. How is summer treating you so far this year?   Could things improve? How do you make summer fun in your neck of the woods? Possibly baking my brain with the hot weather. I published my posts on the wrong blog so here I am doing it twice with a different outlook.  The rain left and the heat arrived. I would not mind it so much but like my mother before me, I have this pre-cancer on my nose. So the sunlight is not always my best friend. I have lots of cute hats to wear in the sun.  It stay cooler, I would be happy. It could rain at night too. That would be perfection.  We do lots of phamily activities. Outdoor cooking rather than heating up the whole house. We have a cool flat grill that you can make breakfast, lunch and dinner on. Our son0in0lw has a smoker so something good is cooking most days outside.

2.We give you magic powers! You can change the climate, the surroundings, even  your house and anything you like. Tell us what you are doing to make your summer or your entire year better..... GO! Oh I would make the weather have lots of evening rain but cooler day temps 60-77 is ideal. Sigh....Summer reading, I was use to it as a kid. So although I read all year long, I have made a commitment with myself to read more summer books too. My ideal home would be larger because I love having the grands over and entertaining. So many ideas, With the way the world is today, I never take a day for granted and try to enjoy them to the fullest with those I love best.

3. The puppy on the boat at the right is your new friend.  He wants a name.  What name will you give him and  would you like to be in that picture (if you can't sail we will provide someone for you) Jib would be a great name for that seafaring pooch. I would join him as long as I had an experienced sea Captain aboard. 

4.   It's friendship pot luck day at your house this month.  Everyone is  coming. Please assign us what dishes each of us are to bring to make for a great day.(by the way, you needn't use names. Just name some dishes  you would like people to bring along) Let's do Pasta Night - Meatballs, Alfredo, Spaghetti, Garlic knots or breadsticks, a garden salad, Tiramisu, Italian Soda drinks. That would be a great potluck.  Plus Rebekah's Pasta salad which contains mini pepperoni, colorful bell peppers black olives and corkscrew pasta. If some  wish enjoy some nice red wine. I have a great table wine called Love My Goat, made in a winery in upstate NY.

Happy Tuesday



Brittany and Jeremy are hosting Taco Tuesday since Hannah and Jake are visting. We will have tacos and tostadas, Rebekah's homemade Mexican rice, Salsa, hopefully Avery's, and maybe even some green chili although we promised Hannah and Jake to do lunch later this week at our favorite Mexican restaurant El Mirador so Hannah would be able to eat some cheese enchiladas which she loves. We love Mexican food so much, a co worker once asked my husband if he was married to a Mexican woman. He replied, no just both natives of Pueblo, Colorado where you can get some amazing green chili.

Street tacos are so yummy and so are Tacos el Pastor









11 comments:

My GBGV Life said...

Being different and/or unique is always a good thing as it makes you stand out against all the other generic people. Summer is our least favorite time of year. It is hot, humid, people are out all over, not much fun in our book. We love winter with the peacefulness, cold and snow, fall is also a great time of year. Spring is so messy and Summer is just dreadful most of the time.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Your summertime fun sounds delightful! I would love to come to your summer potluck dinner! And yes, if we could change the climate in summer to be perfect weather all the time, so we can be outdoors and enjoy the summer fun without worry about the heat and especially about the skin cancer worries, that would be wonderful! Whatever you do, enjoy your summer and your family! That's what summertime is meant to be!

Mari said...

You're making me hungry with those taco's!
I like your Woodstock in sunglasses too.

Mevely317 said...

I've never had a street taco, but your menu has me salivating!
These warm humid days are challenging, yes -- but at least God's kept me on his 'wake-up' call. Every day's a gift.

Annie said...

Tacos would be great at a friendship pot luck I think! Tacos are always welcome anytime. Jib is a great name for a sailing dog!

Sandee said...

I love that sailboat. Adorable.

I ate some of each taco's. Delicious. We have Taco Tuesday here.

Thank you for joining the Awww Monday and Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs. ♥

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I don't do well in really hot weather, Anne, and I have to wear hats, too, if I'm going to be out in the sun for any length of time. I love the name "Jib" for this pup, too. It fits this little sailor.
Blessings!

pilch92 said...

That is a pretty sailboat. I always enjoy learning more about you through your answers. XO

messymimi said...

I love how your blog is different and fun!

Kirstin said...

I want to get a flat grill so I can cook everything and anything. I agree with your #2 answer. Ohhhh yum...Pasta. night!!! I'm in. I'll make some spinach and chicken stuffed shells. We can make cannoli for dessert.

Susan said...

Hello Dear Anne...
I was so happy to see that you stopped by Writing Straight from the Heart and commented, too. Love your visits. Ohhhhh, I love Mexican food, too, but it's not too plentiful OR available in western Massachusetts. Sad but true. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Please stop by any time! Susan