Thursday, June 22, 2023

Tuesday4 Happy Tuesday Maxine Cracks Me Up Wordless Wednesday Thankful Thursday Friendly Fill In's

 Tuesday4

Personal Snapshot

 


Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we try to get you talking, thinking and making new friends while you get to know old friends better.

Today is a hodgepodge of question for you to ponder:

1.  What TV programs that everyone else loved/loves did/do  you  dislike and why? Conversely, what program did you love while everyone else thought it was awful? (or maybe a song, book..etc) 

The Walking Dead! I am not nor will I ever be into zombies. Isn't the world sad enough? Not a reality TV series person either.

2   Do you resent serving without thanks or do you see a higher purpose behind it?

No I don't  usually mind. I remember that God is calling all the shots. He makes the rules, sometime they are, hard to follow  but I try my best to follow Him.

3.  What flavor ice cream is your favorite and how do you like it served? (Sunday, Blizzard, cone, dish?) What toppings make your day?

I am Pistachio anything and especially ice cream. I love Spumoni and there is an Italian buffet/brunch where they always have it on their menu. I like them best in a cup or bowl. I do love toppings, but that is usually at the Yogurt store because I turn into a little kid, wanting all the snowcaps and other delights. I dream about owning a soft serve machine too. hahaha....

4. How many pairs of shoes do you own? How many handbags? Do you use/wear them all? Should you weed them out?



Too many shoes, too many purses, nothing terribly snobby or super expensive. I love Montana West and I use to buy lots of Kathy van Zeeland handbags. She adds little touches inside the bags and I found a few in thrift stores. Otherwise they are pricey. Downsizing these days. A friend, Diann who use to have the blog The Thrifty Groove, she recommended taking purses  we want to giveaway and filling them with small toiletries and other girlie things and give them to a shelter for homeless women. I am going to try to do this soon. I have lots of cute shoes but these days I love comfort. Clothes too and I have some LuLaRoe that was a habit I had that got totally out of control.  I found some ladies who may be able to help me get some things old. I need car repairs or a newer car so saving is now my main goal.

Happy Tuesday I use to love buying things. They made me happy then I realized I was in a better position to serve God and forget stuff. I still enjoy things but I am learning to do without so many things. God makes me happy and trying to be better at serving Him because there is nothing in the world worth serving.  I am not sad or unhappy, happy to be realizing what is truly important and it is not any stationery thing of the world.

A famous person from my youth who I follow is a kind soul. I have always prayed for his soul as he was a non believer. It made me sad . But he is in his 70's now and still performs the old tunes. He had a gig in Utah and anywhere you go with higher altitude will mess with your body when you come from the sea level states. So he wrote a nice post stating his doctor told me he could not perform for a while and had to kick back and relax. He was very sincere in apologizing and it made me feel happy. There are others who I use to follow because of the nice memories of youth but he is the only one I see who is not stuck on his celebrity appeal. It made me happy to see this firsthand. 

Denis Waitley

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.


Maxine is not being ornery about this one!  she is right on. Everything is so costly. It is very sad to see what is happening to our country and my dad's words haunt me everyday. He would say the world will be backward  and boy is it ever coming true each day I am here!  


Shipwreck Gold Beach in Oregon on a Wordless Wednesday

Thankful Thursday

There was a blogger who use to make my day by stopping by here on Thankful Thursday. She still blogs but she stopped coming by. I kept going to her blog without any interaction from her . She was always sharing stories of her youth. I know she knew I loved her telling these stories but for whatever reason she drifted away. I am thankful though, for the times she did stop by.

Thankful for the rain but I would like a small break to clear the weeds away.  Thankful Hannah and Jake will be here soon. Thankful my sweetheart will be off too and we can spend well deserved time together without an alarm ringing at 5 A.M. Thankful we have an air compressor for the low tires that seem to happen with all the wacky weather.

FRIENDLY FILL IN'S 

Ellen and her co host  Lorianne share choosing these four questions. Thank them for this fun meme and please join in.

1. Never underestimate _________________________.

2. ________________makes me _________________________.
3. I need to _________ so that I can _________.
4. I didn’t realize _________ until _________.

I am hopeful I will be back tomorrow to answer these four fill in's, We still have thunder storms, lightening and lots of high humidity. We had power outage's four times in two week, the last one was over 6 hours long. I know folks who lost power for days and weeks. Praying for power for all across the country. 

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”
Eskimo Proverb




 


6 comments:

Mari said...

The Walking Dead - I never got that show either.
I am not a fan of pistachio... :(
I have too many shoes and purses too. That's a good tip on giving away purses
Sorry your blog friend dropped out. It's hard to understand.

Sandee said...

I love your Q&A as always. I love your ship too. Beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a blessed day and weekend, Anne. Big hug. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I adore pistachio. One of my fondest memories from childhood is when, on vacation, my father would stop at Howard Johnsons. Mother and I would always get pistachio milkshakes; only later in life did I learn her favorite was Spumoni. Towards the end of her life, her assisted living facility had an afternoon ice cream stand; you should have seen her brighten up when they said they had Spumoni!
I've never indulged in anything but 1-2 all-purpose handbags, but love your idea of repurposing purposes for the shelter ladies!
Happy Friday, dear friend!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

It is sad when someone who once had a presence on your blog drifts away. You're always left wondering Why? I do love your suggestion for recycling purses in a such a thoughtful way. I use just one purse day in and day out, although I do believe I have some stored downstairs. I'll have to check it out.
Blessings, Anne!

Annie said...

Never sure why some lose interest and stop visiting. It's happened to me many times.
I just really love the photo of the boat. That's wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in for Tuesday 4

messymimi said...

You have many wonderful thankfuls.

I can't stand those scary, nasty shows, either. I own one purse and it goes with my two dresses and that's all i need. After all, how often does a janitor have to dress up?