Thursday, January 27, 2022

Feline Friday

 

This is Oreo. He has been living at Jake and Hannah's for at least two years. He and his brother Casper (you will meet him later) like to be on the covered porch even in the bitter cold. But Oreo got into a scrap with someone and Hannah had to get them indoors so she could tend to his eye. He had a gash and lots of goop in his eyes. He sits quietly while she cleans his eyes. Isn't he just the cutest? Leo is the king of goopy eyes and most mornings he sits quietly while I gently clear the goop from his eyes. I think they might be heavy sleepers. Oreo likes the warmth of the house but he will go outside if he can. I think they have such a hard life but as you can see, he is a well fed boy with plenty of warm blankets and good hearty food. He almost acts like he had a home at some time. I could never give him up! I live with the king of crabbiness C A T my Mister Kitty and I love when he sleeps across my feet. Plus show my C A T the open door when it is frigid outside and he looks at me like uh no thank you lady!

I hope you visit Feline Friday and share some felines too. 


Each week Ellen and Lorianne think of these fill in's. Here they are:

1. I get my ________________from________________.

2. It's a good thing _____________________.

3. _____________required me to muster a lot of courage.

4. My younger self would be proud to know that  I now ________________.

My answers:


1. I get my love of people from my late mother. She was the original people person. My dad was quiet.

2. It's a good thing I love fur babies or chasing Thor through the snow today would have not been any fun. It just required two fifteen minute rest periods when he took off around the over 4000  square feet of the back yard.

3. Taking the elevator in the Empire State Building in NYC to the 86th floor required me to muster a lot of courage. I dislike elevators and am claustrophobic.

4. My younger self would be proud to know that I now am content in my golden years with my sweetheart.



8 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Those are great fill-in questions today, Anne. Like you, I hate heights and am not a trooper when it comes to riding in elevators, especially glass ones - ouch!
I think my younger self would be really proud that I've quit smoking after too many indulgent years. Every day, I feel better and stonger.
Blessings to you, and Happy Friday!

R's Rue said...

Love your fill-ins. May your day be beautifully blessed.

Sandee said...

Kitties are the best aren't they and we love them no matter what personalities they have. They are super smart too.

Love your fill-ins and especially #4. We are both lucky gals.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Love your #4 fill-in! I've no idea why, but lately seem to draw a blank when I read these questions. That's okay; I always enjoy seeing how you respond.

messymimi said...

Some cats just love to be outside.

Contentment is a beautiful gift from above.

Kathe W. said...

Oreo is one lucky cat! Great fill-ins too!

pilch92 said...

Oreo is a cutie. I hope he feels better soon. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. The Empire State building is scary with the height let alone being claustrophobic. My hubby and I went there in 2003 and I called me mom from the top- and she said, "get down". She is a worrier, but it is good to be loved. XO

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oreo is handsome. I hope his eye is soon better.
Your #3 fill in applies to me too. We had visited New York 3 times and my husband really wanted to go up but I couldn't do it. On our 4th visit we were walking past and someone was selling tickets where if we saw the film show first we would bypass the queues to go up. I said we would do it and he asked if I was sure. I said just buy the tickets before I change my mind, and I did it, went right to the top!
Like you, it took a lot of courage but it gives a huge feeling of satisfaction to know you have done it.